Korean Snow seedling pics

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
GrannyNanny

Korean Snow seedling pics

Post by GrannyNanny »

The gold one is 'Gold of the Orient' -- the light was nearly gone when I took this pic this evening, so imagine the gold as brighter than it is here, and the flowers -- which look nearly white on the pic -- a delicate lavender-pink. It is a lovely thing, and one of my favorite seedlings.
The seedlings in the group are three years old, and still acting like minis, but they all have the distinctive spidery flowers of Korean Snow. A couple of them also have the streaked foliage, but it's hard to see here. Ignore the weeds in my nursery garden -- I haven't done much weeding this summer, I fear! Phyllis
Attachments
9 1 Korean Snow Seedlings blooming.jpg
9 1 Gold of the Orient - KS seedling.jpg
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Nice seedlings, GN~

As for the weeds! Goodness woman, it's not like you've haven't had other things on your mind! They all look wonderful to me!

I tend to overlook 'Others' weeds. It's my own I can't seem to NOT see! :lol:
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

'Gold of the Orient' looks really nice. :P I like it!!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Beautiful, GN! I am encouraged, as my KS has about 15 scapes full of pods from all different crosses.

That's a great seedling!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
GrannyNanny

Post by GrannyNanny »

Charla -- My Korean Snow threw quite a few gold seedlings, so you have a chance of getting gold -- and some streakers, if my seedlings are any indication. Phyllis
wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Very :cool: ~ This will be the first year I have pods, that weren't knocked off, or eaten from Korean snow! Looking forward to trying some :D
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by ViolaAnn »

I have one baby from KS last year and am hoping to have more seeds this year - they are still blooming. Last year I had to cut the scapes and mature them in sugar water. Your seedlings give me hope for the future. Keep us informed on the progress of the seedlings.

Ann
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

I crossed Korean Snow with: itself, Sum and Substance, Blue Angel, Tidewater, Marrakech, Stiletto, Inniswood, and one other I can't think of...

Phyllis, I hope there'll be some big gold ones! Maybe some big gold streaky ones would be nice! :D

KS is in a pot, which I think is good as it may have to finish out in the greenhouse!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
New Topic Post Reply