New Math: 1/2ton compost + 6” leafmould=1 hosta bed 6’x16’

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

wishiwere
USDA Zone: 5

Post by wishiwere »

Well, Wanda, I won't make it this week. My mother came to town and will be here through sunday, so i'll try again next week :( Always something! It's nice to see her though, as we haven't gotten up north all summer :(
Jane (from the middle of the Mitten state)
My hosta list: viewtopic.php?t=39540
Wanda
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Wanda »

Jane: Quite all right! Enjoy your visit...there will still be weeds here next week (hehehe)! It is supposed to cool down by the middle of next week - it has been quite hot (into the 80s) the past couple days. Didn’t even go out this afternoon - I just sort of melt in that much heat. Need to water the freshly planted hosta.

Next Monday won’t be home - have to take MIL down to Ann Arbor to the geriatric neurologist. And tomorrow take her to the plastic surgeon - the merciful appt. clerk got us in 3 weeks early on a cancellation!!! So hopefull the dr. will schedule the surgery REAL soon...will let you know if I can talk the dr. into next week (hehe).

Trees are starting to turn up here - the bright leaves look really neat when they fall on the big yellow hosta. And the witch hazel is blooming - you just have to love it, even though the little string flowers are sort of weird. Found a whole flock of volunteer lettuce seedlings in the area I overwintered mixed salad greens last winter...just in time for fall salads!

wanda
New Topic Post Reply