Pic of the Day--Garden tour 1

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Hank Zumach

Pic of the Day--Garden tour 1

Post by Hank Zumach »

Hi All--For the next month or so I am going to be showing photos of plant groupings or wider shots of our garden beds, as opposed to individual hosta varieties. Because I have done this tour of our garden before, some of you will probably decide to just hit the delete button when you see the subject line. Most of the photos were taken a few years ago, in mid July. For the most part, I plan on showing the photos in the sequence that I took them as I walked around our garden beds. I don't plan on giving much commentary. If anyone has any questions, of course, let me know. Our home is located on a rather steep hillside over looking the Mississippi River valley so many of the photos may seem to look a bit out of kilter. I'll start out with a photo showing part of a long narrow bed that runs along our driveway. This is an area that gets a fair amount of sun. The most prominent hostas in the shot are Guacamole and Antioch.
Attachments
Boulevard mid 7-11-03c 003.jpg
Hank
Better Gnomes & Gardens
zone 4B-5A
Latitude: 43° 48' 51" N
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Yay!! (me clapping here!) I love your gardens!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Wanda
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Wanda »

Simply gorgeous, Hank! Was it off to the right that the landslide occured? So glad you didn't lose any of your beds. Bet those slopes keep you and Betty in shape! More, I wanna see more!

wanda
Hank Zumach

Post by Hank Zumach »

Wanda--The damage that was on our shared driveway was off our property, in front of a neighbors house that is off to the left of the photo scene. A mile or so north of us there were two homes washed off the hillside.
Hank
Better Gnomes & Gardens
zone 4B-5A
Latitude: 43° 48' 51" N
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Hank, I put this in the virtual garden tour thread, too, but I wanted to be sure you saw it...

Hank Zumach wrote:
Charla--I'll just call it a continuation of the POTD.

Oh, good! I didn't want to interrupt the regular POTD, I was really enjoying that, too. I'm making my lists....'Buy' and 'Don't Buy' from your POTD. I just loved the ones of your gardens, too. Thanks for all your efforts with the POTD. I think it is really awesome how you, as an experienced gardener take the time to share, and I think I can probably speak for everyone about how much we all enjoy it. I haven't missed a one! I don't always reply, but I haven't missed one of them! Thank you!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I've seen pics of your garden before, Hank, but never tire of them. They truly are stunning and I'm looking forward to seeing them again. :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Just beautiful Hank! :cool: I love going on the virtual tour of your gardens. It's so inspiring. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
New Topic Post Reply