INVITATION: Hallson Garden Party/Tour..UPDATED INFO

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

Trudy

INVITATION: Hallson Garden Party/Tour..UPDATED INFO

Post by Trudy »

*****************************************************************************************

Hallson Garden Party/Tour Saturday June 28

Meet at our house at 10:00. Anyone who has dishes that need refrigeration can drop them off.

Maps will be provided, and you can leave plants for the Plant Swap, so they wont have to set in the cars.

Lunch will be at our house at 1:00 with Plant Swap following.

Post here if you need a PM with directions to our house.

For the Plant Swap, bring up to 3 plants.

Jimmy Mac and Jeff W. are bringing seedlings to share with others. Anyone who would like more hostas, will get to go home with some neat plants.
AlwaysWeeding

Post by AlwaysWeeding »

Judi_P and I plan to come and will try to drag along a couple extra people. Gotta work on Ticker and her friend and check their schedules. We really want to see your gardens!
I could use all instructions and maps you have.
AlwaysWeeding
My Hallsons Page -- viewtopic.php?t=44071&highlight=alwaysweeding
chelielynn

Post by chelielynn »

Trudy,

I'm looking like I should be able to make it also. We'll see how the next couple weeks goes.

Shelly
Trudy

Post by Trudy »

Sent out PMs to you both:)
chelielynn

Post by chelielynn »

Trudy --- I don't know where I'm going can you send directions?

Alwaysweeding --- are you and Judi still planning on going? If you are shoot me a email.....

Shelly
Trudy

Post by Trudy »

Shelly....PM sent to you.

We are looking forward to the tour this weekend. Gardens have loved all the rain we had earlier this spring. It's always a pleasure to share the garden with others.

I'm sure that Connie, Ron and Marlys and David and Betsy gardens are all looking spectacular :)

Anyone still wishing to visit the gardens, please email me so we now how many will be here for lunch.

Don't worry about brining food. A lot of people have already volunteered to bring a dish to share. We dont want anyone to feel they cant come because they wont have food prepared.

Come on over anyway!
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

I'm more than ready for this weekend to get here. Can't wait!! :D
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Rats,....Andy and I will be at a wedding Sat :-( I'd rather be in Pella. I hope I have an opportunity to see those gardens another time. Pictures please after Sat. Later, Love, Lisa
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
Trudy

Post by Trudy »

Hey Lisa....we would rather have you in Pella also :D

Would love to have you visit some time soon!

Enjoy the wedding.....:)
Hosta12_Ia

Post by Hosta12_Ia »

I told Sue I need a break and I AM going!! My question was..."who's making the margaritas"? :lol: :lol: :lol: What a week. I am soooooo ready! :D
Jo
The Garden is a Mirror of the Heart
Trudy

Post by Trudy »

Sue...sounds like you do need a hosta fix!

Not sure who is bringing the "Margaritas", but we will
have a "Tequila Sunrise"
Attachments
DSC03409.jpg
AlwaysWeeding

Post by AlwaysWeeding »

Judi_P and I will have to drop out. She isn't quite well enough to travel since her surgery on Tuesday. I had the flu the past two days, too. chellilyn doesn't want to drive alone, so the bunch of us will have to stay home this weekend. We were SO looking forward to it, especially since our garden walk was flooded out this year. We are all looking forward to next year!
AlwaysWeeding
My Hallsons Page -- viewtopic.php?t=44071&highlight=alwaysweeding
Trudy

Post by Trudy »

Oh....we are so sorry that you are not feeling well, and will be unable to attend.

Judi....wishing you a speedier recovery also!

We are wishing all your gardens a speedy recovery :)

Since our group is getting smaller, it looks like we may want to meet at our house and 10:00 and then go as a group to the open gardens.

We can car pool to Connie's garden in Pella, then on to Ron/ Marlys's gardens and then on to David/ Betsy's.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

You guys have fun......I will be thinking of you all..... :(
Trudy

Post by Trudy »

chellilyn....sorry that you are not coming either. If you decide that you still want to come, we would sure like to have you with us, for a great day of seeing some wonderful gardens.

Maybe you could fine someone else to ride with you:)

Come on over!

Lucygoose, we would enjoy your company also...come on over also, bring Willies too:)
Marlys
USDA Zone: 5B

Fruit Salad

Post by Marlys »

Hey Friends!

The Frog-eye fruit salad is ready & I 'm ready & the gardens are as ready as they are gonna get!

I am so anxious for tomorrow to get here. See everyone at Trudy's tomorrow @ 10:00 AM.

I love visiting beautiful gardens!

Reldon are you coming early for coffee??? And do you remember what you said you were bringing me?? I have the pot waiting for that beautiful blue.

Today I dug plants for tomorrow & for the ROHS plant auction on Sunday. Two are steaked. The other one is Regalia just for Sue & 2 other lucky people. The first streaked one's initials are IM & the second one's initials are DGD.

I also dug a beautiful Blue Mouse Ears sdlg for my daughter today & she left it sitting here. So tomorrow morning before company I will be potting, yet another plant. I thought I was done until I saw it sitting there. Oh! Bother!!!

MM
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

I'll be there in just about 3 hours now. :P :cool: Having my morning expresso right now as I read & type.

I'm going to hit the DM Farmer's Market to see Gary & Kathy/pepper1 for a bit, and then I'll be heading toward Pella. And with any luck I'll remember which turn to take... :???: Dutchman's Landing - right?? Guess I should have asked Trudy for a refresher course, but I never even thought about it til I was headed to DM. Oh well - I'm sure I'll find it just fine. I'm bringing a salad & I'll toss it when I get there.

And yes I do remember what I told you I'd bring you, Marlys. Now. :o I'd forgotten it completely until you mentioned it. :oops: But I do have a hosta for you. Just not the one you think it'll be. :wink: Waiting just builds anticipation, and maybe I'd better divide it & overwinter it another year before you're entrusted with another one. :wink:

See everybody soon!! :D 8-) :D I can't wait!!
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
fenceberry

Post by fenceberry »

Have a good time everybody and don't forget to post pictures for the rest of us. :D
baja220
USDA Zone: 6

Post by baja220 »

Somebody bid on Marly's beautiful Regalia for me!!!!

Yal have a great time!!
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Have fun everyone!

I hope to catch it next year!

I, too, want to see those pics! :D
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
New Topic Post Reply