Ice Prancer Opinion?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
karen171

Ice Prancer Opinion?

Post by karen171 »

Does anyone have an opinion on the Reptilian sport, Ice Prancer? It's not in the library for some reason. I think it looks really nice but can't find out much about it. Seems that I read Reptilian is a good one so maybe Ice Prancer is as well.

I'm wanting a medium to large blue that has narrow leaves. Blue Sliver is very pretty but is small and supposed to be a very slow grower. Turning Point looks interesting...does anyone have experience with it?
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Gandhi
woodthrush

Post by woodthrush »

There's a photo and some info on shadyoaks site.
I just got it so can't add much on growing it
Pam
karen171

Post by karen171 »

Thanks, Pam. Yes, I saw that and it sounds like a good one. Can you tell how wide the foliage will be on your Ice Prancer? I just wonder if it will be narrow or wedge shaped...hard to tell in the photo. I really want to get it...like the name. too. :D
"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Gandhi
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

I just got an Ice Prancer too. [Couldn't resist at 1/2 price. And it wasn't too expensive to begin with.] Only time will tell what it really does, but I'm sure leaf shape & size and plant size will be similar to Reptillian. My Reptillian hasn't been a very fast grower & is still only medium sized, but it's gotten the nice puckering & rippled margins this year, and it's really looking great. :D
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
karen171

Post by karen171 »

Half price?? Can you say where you got it?
My hosta budget is long gone but not my need for more hostas. :)
woodthrush

Post by woodthrush »

Mine's a TC - I checked the tag and it doesn't give a mature leaf size.
Pam
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

It was a country greenhouse in IA that's now closed for the season. I got one & a friend got the other.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
New Topic Post Reply