Who's going to regionals?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

I am getting soooo anxious!!!! :o :???: :o :eek:

Can't wait to get going, but... 1st I have to endure 8 hours of work. Then tonite will be the nite to figure out what leaves [if any] are good enough to take for the cut leaf show. And then I'll need to pack. And then I'll have to get out early Wed. to cut leaves & get them into water. And then endure another 8 hours of work before I can think about heading out. I'm gonna stay with my friend in the DM area Wed nite so the drive Thurs won't be quite so long.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Marlys
USDA Zone: 5B

Hosta Snob

Post by Marlys »

2010 Regional Hosta Convention will be in Des Moines, IA @ the Fort Des Moines Hotel - downtown.
ROHS - Russ O'Hara Hosta Society will be hosting the event.
We did the 2004 National Hosta Convention.
it was my first, ever hosta convention.
I loved it!

Hosta 'Chado' is an awesome, beautiful plant! AND well worth the generous donation to ROHS. Our summer plant auction is our only fund raiser. Kathy just put in a little extra to help make the 2010 Regional Convention a great success for all of us.

Reldon, you were missed during the auction! You would have love seeing Kathy go crazy bidding on 'Chado'. Sorry you couldn't stay & play. Did your friend ever find his car or did someone actually steal it???

Lisa, I didn't see a picture of 'Chado' on the HL. I know you love taking pictures???

Linda P anxious to see you again.

MM
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

No wonder I didn't see your post, Marlys - we posted at exactly the same time. :wink: :lol:

I would have loved to see Kathy in a bidding frenzy!! :eek: :o :wink:

The car was found by 'a couple of young' police officers 'with time on their hands' a couple of hours after the stolen car report was filed. We went down to file the report right after we left you guys at lunch that day. And where we parked [in a Quick Trip parking lot] to file the report was sooooo close to where it was found - 1/2 a block away at the most. [And if I'd just walked a bit east instead of west, I might have walked right to it.] It was in a little auto body business parking lot just off a short block long street that I know I drove down at least twice. The police sgt. who was helping us knew he'd been down it at least once. I'm guessing that a larger vehicle was somehow blocking the view of the car since it was just in the 2nd parking spot from the street or one of us would have had to have seen it. But it was a huge relief to have it found & not have to go thru all the stolen car hassle. [But a new-looking 2006 Lexus is a good car to have stolen.] Insurance wouldn't have covered the 1st 48 hours of a rental car & Larry was scheduled to leave on a trip Monday morning. So it definitely had a happy ending. :D
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Oh, see what I missed!!! A good auction, a stolen car. :eek:
Whenever Hallsonites gather, you never know what will happen. I can't wait for the weekend. I'm hoping to make one more trip to Peoria to see my bro this week.
We are heading out Fri afternoon, will be there a little late because Linda C has to work, but we'll definitely be in time for a little hosta shopping and the banquet. We're staying over til Sunday, hoping to see some of the optional gardens this time, and hopefully find time for a quick visit to Mary Ann's garden as well.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Marlys

Mary Ann's Garden

Post by Marlys »

I want to go to Mary Ann's Garden too!!! - Linda P, don't got without me. :wink:
Nothing like inviting yourself. :D

MM
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Oh, great, Linda. The schedule is so tight, I don't see time during the convention during daylight for a viewing here but I'll be home all day Sunday for anyone that wants to drop in (iffen you're not all hostad out by that time. :lol: ) We have no bridges, water features, or spectacular vistas but lots of hosta packed onto 1/4 acre..

We're 'bout 5 minutes up the Xway north of the Marriott, maybe I could pass out little maps. (The Saturday afternoon tour bus passes just blocks from here.) I love to show off my gardens and swap inspiration.
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Marlys, of course you're invited. :D You posted while I was assembling my thoughts, making it sound worthwhile without promising too much. :o
My Hosta List

Noxtra

Post by Noxtra »

I'm taking Mary Ann some ugly Missouri Rocks.....She's determined to build an ugly rock pile into her garden!! :P

Lee
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Can't wait to see my Missouri rock, Lee. They can be the feature of my garden. :D
My Hosta List

Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Woo Hoo, party at Mary Ann's! Just kidin, you all could schlep over here too if you want, but Im about a fraction of Mary Ann's space. Anybody who would want to come is welcome Sunday anytime. I was going to go to Indiana, but nobody wants to go with :wink: . I'll be at vending on Thur. and checking out the leaf show Fri and Auction Sat.
Marlys

More Gardens to Visit

Post by Marlys »

Oh, GOOD :!: Another garden to visit. :P There's nothing better to do on a perfect summer morning / afternoon. :!: Thanx!!! for the invitation. :P I think Connie & I might need to add an extra day to our trip. :lol:

We are taking off about 8:00 AM / headed east :wink: See all you hosta friends @ the convention. Yippee :!: :!: :!:

I bet I'll be 2 excited 2 sleep tonight. :roll:

Neighbors, David & Betsy are taking off tomorrow afternoon. Ron will be home alone except for all the cats. I don't know how he can choose to stay home & miss all the garden tours. He was upset when he realized Foxwillow Nursery was on the tour agenda. 2 BAD!!! So SAD!!!

MM
New Topic Post Reply