Out in the garden this weekend

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
fenceberry

Out in the garden this weekend

Post by fenceberry »

This is Blue Umbrellas tucked away between some golden barberry bushes and day lilies.

First Frost with the yellow border,Tracy's Emerald Cup, and the yellow one is Copa Cabana. All from Chris and doing wonderfully.
HostaDesigner

Re: Out in the garden this weekend

Post by HostaDesigner »

Very nice and tidy! Thanks for the pics.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Nice to see some pics from you! Tell us more about Copa Cobana! I haven't seen that one in a garden.
Does it take some sun? They all look marvelously healthy.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
fenceberry

Post by fenceberry »

Thanks! Copa doesn't really get a lot of direct sun at my house, maybe a little in the late afternoon. It's about 3 years old now and I'm really happy with the way it looks.
fenceberry

Post by fenceberry »

This is one of my favorites: Spritzer

And here is Northland Queen with Jurassic Park looming in the background.
Noreaster

Post by Noreaster »

Do you have a closer pic of Tracy's Emerald Cup? I just added that one this year because I went a little overboard with the golds, blues, and variegated ones...needed a few interesting green ones to balance things out. How long have you had TEC and how big do you think it will get? Would you say it's slug resistant? I haven't been able to find a lot of info online about that one.
fenceberry

Post by fenceberry »

TEC needs to move, she's running out of breathing room with Guardian Angel and Copa Cabana crashing in. TEC is 3 years old so will probably get a bit bigger yet. I have a slug problem period, none of my hostas are exempt.

I just ran out and took this photo (and a few others). It is getting dark so the flash went off, and it is sprinkling a bit. I think the flash is kind of reflected in the water droplets.
Noreaster

Post by Noreaster »

Not even First Frost is exempt? That one, and most of the other Halcyon related ones I have, are just about the ONLY ones that can stand up to my slug problem...which is a mighty bad problem! Your FF is beautiful- mine is looking good this year, but has a long way to go before looking like that.
New Topic Post Reply