Wanted to say thanks to Chris!

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
mooie

Wanted to say thanks to Chris!

Post by mooie »

Received my order from Chris today place just this past weekend. I took advantage of the sale on the lily bulbs to get some started in my new yard, and also purchased a hosta 'Americana'. I left all my lily bulbs over at the old yard that I had gotten from Chris and they have done so well over there (depsite the squirrels) I just needed some more. :D I have no idea at this point where the lilys will go but I will pot them up and hold them til their time comes! The hosta was absolutely perfect. I twirled it around looking for a ding somewhere cuz nothing travels that far without a ding! Nothing! Perfect and a great size. I have a question tho. How do they get shipped and come out of the box standing straight up like someone just gave them a wedgie??? :lol: I mean those leaves are standing straight up! All of mine are relaxed now and I just don't get it! lol Thank you so much Chris!

My siding is going on now and I'm salivating at the chance to finally get my babies in the ground. Poor things have up above ground since Feb/Mar and are holding their own but showing some stress a bit. Hopefully they will be planted shortly!

Thanks again Chris!

Teresa
~Imagine~
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Wanted to say thanks to Chris!

Post by Chris_W »

You're welcome Mooie. Glad to hear that Americana made the trip that well. It has been horribly dry here so we are soaking the hostas before the trip, and making the paper towels extra wet, so that is helping them stand at attention more. I find that keeping them on the dry side here usually toughens them up for the trip. If they can't survive some tough love here then I just won't grow them :D

Now I just have one question - where the heck does one find a hosta's ass crack to give it a wedgie, and what the heck does one wedge up there if you find it :o :lol:
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

Post by caliloo »

Now I just have one question - where the heck does one find a hosta's ass crack to give it a wedgie, and what the heck does one wedge up there if you find it
:lol: :lol: :lol: I was wondering the same thing!!!!!!!!!! Its a great visual though :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alexa
Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
alexis
USDA Zone: 5B

Post by alexis »

LMAO. Sitting here at my desk, getting strange looks. Too Funny

Alexis
Laugh Hard, Love Well, and do BOTH Often.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Chris_W wrote: Now I just have one question - where the heck does one find a hosta's ass crack to give it a wedgie, and what the heck does one wedge up there if you find it :o :lol:
So glad I looked in this thread!!!!!

:lol: .. :lol: .. :lol: .. :lol: .. :lol: .. :lol: .. :lol: .. :lol:
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

I was wondering that too... :lol:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

And I never thought about it.. it sounded just fine

Darn for my poor english :blush: :lol:

Yep .. some of them even did a trip to Sweeden /Annika and then to Denmark with out weaknes or bending down... just as ass crack to give it a wedgie, but then, some of them had bumples :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
mooie

Post by mooie »

Dunno where I came up with wedgie at. :lol: I just was looking at the plant thinking geez this lil guy is so upright like he got a wedgie! Prolly can't find the proper crack to give a hosta wedgie but it sure amazes me! :D

mooie
~Imagine~
jgh

Post by jgh »

I’m appalled! I take my hostas much too seriously to make them the butt of jokes!
govgirl75
USDA Zone: 5

Post by govgirl75 »

Jim :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
jgh

Post by jgh »

What, bureaucratchic, just smiles... no wise cracks?! Guess since I was a day late in posting, I'm just bringing up the rear on this thread...
Hosta12_Ia

Post by Hosta12_Ia »

One would wonder, do they make hosta putty? :lol: :eek:
The Garden is a Mirror of the Heart
New Topic Post Reply