My garden via motorcycle club

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
putnamgardens

My garden via motorcycle club

Post by putnamgardens »

Hi everyone: I have a NEW hard drive on my puter and have lost many photos. Recently my motorcycle club road to our yard. I always find in amusing what folks find to photograph. Our webmaster was on the ride and took many photos of the events on Wed evening. First few photos are of Andy with the map. If you see a women dressed in black with orange crocs....that's me. I bought a new camera at a thrift store and will take some photos of my new ROCKS I purchased to make a pond or two. Andy has all the hostas planted but two.
http://westbankmc.com/photoalbums/2009/ ... index.html
Later, Love, Lisa
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
Justaysam

Re: My garden via motorcycle club

Post by Justaysam »

Wow Lisa, you sure have alot of neat garden art stuff! I like the wooden conqestidor thing and the rooster! Nice shots of all the hosta too. Looks like a nice group of friends and a good time had by all.
playinmud

Post by playinmud »

What a fun day you all had! Love the hosta shots Lisa, they look very happy. What is that little red house? Is that something you built or something you found? Love the architectural aspect of that. Do you use that for storage, or is it simply decorative?

Thanks a bunch for sharing your world with us! :D
~PIM~

°`°º¤ø,¸¸Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life¸¸,ø¤º°`°
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Thanks for all the nice comments. We hosted a ride on a Wed night so with the days getting shorter, we had dusk quick. The red thang is a bell tower that Andy found in WI. We had it delivered for $50. No storage, just decoration. It is a conversation piece though. The garden art is usually a garage sale purchase. We had a great bon fire till it started raining at 11:30pm. It was a good thing Andy had the Thurs after off work cuz he's usually between the sheets by 10 bells. I think a good time was had by all. Later, Love, Lisa
jgh

Post by jgh »

hey, pal... been gone a few days... just checked out your photos... what a gas!!!
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Very cool garden with lots of interesting decor! Loved the pics! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

First: Beautiful Garden! I love all the wimsey, and your pathways and hanging lights are fantastic! Looks a bit like a story book :D

Second: I wish I could have been on that ride! I miss riding so much :bawl: :bawl: It looks like you had a great ride and the scenery was beautiful.

Third: Please tell me you do not ride in those crocs :eek: :eek: You changed when you got home right :?: :?:

Thanks for sharing the pictures of your garden and your club ride.

Ginger
Did I mention I grow my Hosta in pots?
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Sorry to hear that you lost photos from your old computer. Was the hard drive damaged somehow? Rarely does the drive itself go bad - it can almost always be removed and housed in an external drive casing and hooked up to your new computer so you can access it again, for very little money. I have 2 old drives still, one I installed inside my current desktop, and the oldest one actually went through a fire in 1996 and it was still okay afterwards, though the computer itself was fried...

As for the pictures, I just want to say that is one heck of a fire pit! Got to love a good bonfire. We had one Saturday night and it was a great way to enjoy the weekend.

Thanks for sharing!

Chris
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Look like you all had a great evening and someone really loved to picture your hostas and ..art
Hey havent seen the garden junk.. I mean art for some time

Chris is right about the harddrive... my new one ave the the stuff from 3 old ones included

meaniing.. I can't find anything :lol:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Here's my new rocks. I drove past them for a year and reported, "someday those rocks will be mine". Sure enough...the guy who owned the rocks was willing to sell'm. I didn't have a plan for how to have them moved. It was super expen$ive. They are in my front yard and a pond must get dug and lined, THEN I can pay to get'm moved into place for a H20 fall and pond. I hope I can get'm placed early next year. There is one motorcyle shot with the rocks between the riders. I call these rocks, "fossil" rocks. They have super deep holes and will be perfect for hens and chicks. Maybe the rocks will be green and purple with plants in a few years. I'm psyched. Type at cha later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
Got rocks in and out.jpg
Got rocks pile.jpg
Got rocks.jpg
Got rocks.jpg (42.99 KiB) Viewed 1373 times
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

WOW!! Those are some big ones!! Are you gonna get all of them? Your pond/waterfall will be pretty spectacular with those integrated into it.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

NIIIIICCCE ROCKS!!!!! :o
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Glad you could get your mitts on those rocks, Lisa!
So, can we come to see your garden art next year when we're in Minneapolis??
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Next year MN is hosting the American Hosta Societies NATIONAL convention. My garden is not on tour. 10 years ago we were on "open" gardens where conventioneers were invited to come but they had to get their own ride. NO BUS. I had hosta big shots like, Mike Shaddrack, Steve Greene of the Hosta Finder, Famed photographer, Carol Brashear and many many more. It was a blast. You can come over Linda. We'll have to schedule a time as my "job" is the raffle. I'm in charge of asking for donations. I have a quilt being constructed and will prove to be a huge ticket purchaser. The web site should be up and working shortly. There will be a hot link to "starsofthenorth.net" with our wishlist. I'll be at the hotel "manning" or "womening" the booth close to registration. The raffle prizes will be on display at our dinners and hopefully I can get some "celebrity" ticket sellers that no one can say no to. The raffle "take$" will help to off set the cost of the convention. We are reducing the convention fee so maybe more folks can afford to partake. It is VERY important to support our raffle so we can come close to our budget projection of breaking even. The hotel is outragous. You can not even comprehend how much a gallon of coffee costs. I hope some Hallson Folks will attend. You're only a convention virgin once. The vending is going to be fabulous! Jewelry, plants, clothes, companion plants. I hope folks will stop and introduce themselves. Later, Love, Lisa
P.S. Garden shot is of Kim Larsen's garden. You'll see hers when you get off the bus. Other photos are from Lansings Convention.
Attachments
Lansing requisitioned yard art.jpg
Lansing requisitioned yard art.jpg (38.39 KiB) Viewed 1290 times
BEST quilt before ours.jpg
Kims bowling ball collection.jpg
Noxtra

Post by Noxtra »

Lisa, You can count on a basket or bowl off my table for your raffle. Sure will be fun to gather with hosta friends old and new. If you have never been to a convention I'm sure the Minnesota bunch will do above and beyond the usual in activities, hospitality, and gardens.

P.S. You and Jim need to keep us updated on all the inside convention gossip!!

Lee
Attachments
IMG_4780 (Medium).JPG
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

I can't wait! Is that the quilt you're going to raffle? Okay, everyone who is going to the convention, go and get an envelope today, label if AHS CONVENTION RAFFLE MONEY, stick a few extra dollars in it now and then, and when the convention comes you'll have your cash stash ready to buy tickets!

Linda P

My Hosta List
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Linda - that was the quilt that was auctioned or raffled [I don't remember which now...] at the National convention this past summer in Lansing, MI.

I'm looking forward to seeing all of my MN friends next summer too. Can't wait!!
You'd better be there Linda!! And you'd better come to the Midwest a couple weeks later & see my garden. :)
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

I am really looking forward to getting to the conventions this year, both national and midwest. AND you know, Renaldo, I have to see your garden, because I have promised you for 4 years that I would see it in 2010!!!! :D Just didn't know it would be moving on me..... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Linda P

My Hosta List
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Neither did I, Linda. :lol: If you'd told me 4 yrs ago that I'd be moving my entire garden 2 hours away from home, I'm sure I would have made several comments - but I doubt I'd have believed you. :wink: Life has a way of taking us in unexpected directions at times. With totally unexpected destinations.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply