Some shots of Gold Standard

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Some shots of Gold Standard

Post by redcrx »

I have had GS around for years. Once in a while a leaf will have a random white line on it. But this season one of mine is showing long green lines.
Attachments
Gold Standard
Gold Standard
Gold Standard
Gold Standard
Gold Standard
Gold Standard
Gold Standard & Gold Standard reverse
Gold Standard & Gold Standard reverse
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
gesila9
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Some shots of Gold Standard

Post by gesila9 »

Nice to see a picture of a healthy Gold Standard. I got mine a couple of weeks ago and it didn't do well sitting on the deck in the sun. After seeing all the HVX pictures of GS lately, I planted it in front of a big rock away from all my other hostas. Everything I planted in front of that rock has died, we'll see how GS holds up there, but I won't stress if it doesn't make it.
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Re: Some shots of Gold Standard

Post by redcrx »

I have had this one for 3 or 4 years so I'm still watching it for the virus - it gets good light and flowers like crazy. I have one that's about 15 years old in shade most of the time - holds its colors better and rarely flowers. When I say holds its colors better - it doesn't change much during the season while the one pictured will get real bright yellow later in the season.
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
New Topic Post Reply