Vase shaped.. help me find me more :-)

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

viktoria

Post by viktoria »

The timing of Hosta College is not right for me. Aside from weather concerns, I shall have a greenhouse full of plants to tend.

Have fun!

Viktoria
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
janet

Post by janet »

Hello Pia~

Here are a few more to consider.

Cherry Tart - small, yellow/gold with red petioles, a fast grower - I've had this one for going on three years and it is just lovely (good job, Alttara!). It does not fade at all in my zone 4 garden.

Old Faithful - large, glossy green, red petioles, near-white fragrant flowers (held right at nose level for me :lol: ), good substance - mine will stand up to absolutely anything and is one of the last to die down in the late fall

War Party - medium, distinctive blue, thick substance, moderately wavy margins, vigorous grower - just put on my wish list

Kiwi Skyscraper - large, blue-green, thick substance - also on my list

Emily Dickinson - medium, green with white margin, fragrant

Designer Genes - small, yellow, slightly rippled margin, red petioles

Fireworks - small, deep green margins, creamy white center (some green streaking to center)

I'm still thinking about the last three, but they'll probably appear in my garden later this summer. :wink: Good luck making choices!
jd in nh
janet's list
It is well to remember that the entire universe, with one trifling exception, is composed of others. --John Andrew Holmes
New Topic Post Reply