The alphabet collection of Hostadream (1/13 episodes)

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Hostadream

The alphabet collection of Hostadream (1/13 episodes)

Post by Hostadream »

Dear Hostapeople on the forum, now the garden is in rest, it is just time to the new season to share alot of allmost not yet published photos from my own collection.
First the lettres 'A' & 'B'
I wish everybody alot of fun and enjoy the photos !!
Nice weekend to your all !!

Dirk Dupré.
Hostadream - Heucheradream, Hosta's & Heuchera's in the Picture
www.hostadream.be - www.heuchera.org
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

Nice Pictures!! It is fun to look at all the beauties and dream about next years gardening. I have been looking through all my books lately and making lots of plans for spring.
:D :D
Cheryl
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Well....Wow :cool:

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Wow is right! Beautiful pictures!! Thanks for sharing!! :D
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Great pics :D

How did you get h. Brim Cup that beautiful ??

h. Blackjack is stunning,,, one of the, wish i had more space hostas

Thanks for sharing :D
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Dirk, I like how you have dealt with the pictures, you've gone away from the fade-in border, which looks fine on a few pictures perhaps, but not a whole website. Embedding the HostaDream logo should achieve your goal of combating piracy or pinching of pictures off your site just as well, if not better, and overall the pictures look better.
Pieter

"Never trust anyone who doesn't have dog hair on their clothes."

Pieter's Hosta List
Hostadream

Post by Hostadream »

Hi, thanks for the reaction's all of you.
Thy, i give H. Brim Cup not to mouch sun and he grow's in a container with exellent ground and give him alot of water and 2 times a year extra supplies and he's doing well. Make the Hosta younger after a several year's than he make 's a fresh start to growing.
Pieter, i know are many people gives reaction's on the look of websites. For me on my website i try to make te pictures conform with the white background. And i like a tight conform website with all the same construct pages of the Hostas.
;-) Dirk.
FreakyCola
USDA Zone: 5

Post by FreakyCola »

Hi Dirk,
My computer has been out of commission for a long time so I haven't seen any of your posts. I haven't had time till tonight to really read many of the posts & I was just awestruck when I saw yours. I searched till I found all your posts & will go to your website when I get done on Hallson's.

You are a great photographer! What kind of camera do you use? I love the white borders and the ones that have those black smooth pebbles in the background. Those pebbles really do something for me! I gotta get some!

I just love Birchwood Ruffled Queen. I've never heard of it before. Could someone with a Hosta Finder see where I can get one please????

I love ruffled edges. They're my new favorite hostas.

There were so many in this group I've never heard of. I have really been out of the hosta world & feel like a newbie all over again!

I really like Black Jack too. What size hosta is it?
FreakyCola

Post by FreakyCola »

I wanted these to run from #1-8 so my comments would make sense, so I'm adding these extra posts to make it work. However, I forgot I don't usually make much sense, so just everybody please ignore these secondary posts. They're just extra and Chris you can help me out at any time and erase them so I don't look like a total idiot!

Post by Hostadream »

Hi Ellen, i see i forgot one ... :oops:
I have since last year a new camera:
Sony DSC-R1, a fine camera and not difficult in use i mean.
If you like waving edges you have also
H.Niagara Falls or the sport H.Warpaint?
Dirk.
Attachments
Warpaint bladdetail.jpg
Warpaint bladdetail.jpg (25.03 KiB) Viewed 3151 times
FreakyCola

Post by FreakyCola »

Hi Dirk,
Warpaint is really cool! Another to add to my want list.
I have 2 Niagara Falls. I had another that died, and one of these isn't doing too great. This will be their 3rd maybe 4th year. Last year they didn't get very big so I doubt if they make it. I think this is one I read needs some sun, if I'm remembering right then that's probably why the first one died. So I put one in a bed that gets morning sun and the other close to that bed, but behind a bush so it gets more shade. It's the one that's doing the best. Go figure!
Ellen
Hostadream

Post by Hostadream »

Hi Ellen mayby you trying a fresh start in a large container with excellent containerground. I think thats the best for problem Hostas they not so good starting in the ground. The can grow again and a year later is he mayby good enough to put him in the ground.
Dirk.
New Topic Post Reply