I'm Back!

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
FreakyCola
USDA Zone: 5

I'm Back!

Post by FreakyCola »

Hi everybody!
Got my computer fixed finally & I'm so mad at myself. It was a simple problem, so why didn't I get it done sooner? I dunno.

Then I couldn't get into Hallson's to post for some reason, so Chris gave me a new password & it still wouldn't work & my know it all son came in, pressed a few buttons & I'm in. He said I wasn't doing something right, but who knows what!

I missed the secret trade last summer & thought I'd die! I really thought I'd die if I couldn't talk to any of you through the lonely winter months. And now we have about 16" of snow on the ground so I can't even see the ground where my babies used to be. What a cruel world!

So what did I miss?

How about someone sending me a virtual secret trade just to make me feel like I still belong. What would you have sent me if I'd been in the trade last summer & you got me?

Gotta go for now & catch up on all this reading.
Ellen
Thanks for the help Chris!
toymr2mk2

Post by toymr2mk2 »

Hi Ellen.....Glad to see you have your puter problems cured and can now get back to the important things in life......hosta!.....lol.....
Here is what my secret trade would be after reviewing your list.....
El Nino
Yellow Boa
A couple of nice streaky seedlings
Risky Business
Richland Gold
I hope this helps you feel a little better. Just think, Spring is on the way!
Art
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Well hello stranger!!! Glad to see you back, Ellen. :D Don't fret about what you missed, because Spring IS just around the corner and we all get to share it and enjoy it together. :wink: We've got about 14 inches of snow on the ground, but the weather forecast says it will warm up next week, so I'll bet most of this (if not all) will melt. And a local ice cream stand opened up yesterday for their annual two hours of free ice cream cones (choc. or van......as many as you can eat in that two hours) and naturally we went down to it to enjoy some ice cream. For us that is the official first signal that spring is coming soon!
Now......tell that computer to straighten up and act right , so you don't disappear again! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

It was a pleasant surprise to see you back amongst us again, Freaky!! :P Sorry about all you pc problems - hope it's smooth~surfing from now on. :D

You can play catch up & go back to where you left off. You can relive last summer - without all the heat. :wink: Lots of great pics on here as always to get you thru the winter's cold & snow.

I looked thru your list & you've got more than I do I think. :???: My secret trade for you would be these that I do have that I didn't see on your list.

Bountiful - I got in a trade from Wanda back when I was 1st doing some trades with you & Helen too.
Ice Cream - reverse colors of Wylde Green Cream.
Lakeside Roy El - I got this in the drawing we had at the 1st get-together at JimmyMac's.
Lemon Delight - Lemon Lime sport w/green leaves & a yellow margin.
Twist of Lime - Lemon Lime sport w/yellow leaves & a green margin.
White Wall Tire - Unique white & light green striped leaves - later leaves can be almost all white when they emerge & then change to the striped look.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Ellen!!! So good to "see" you again. I was just thinking about you the other day. Glad you got the PC problems solved.
Ok, for a virtual trade (since I don't have to actually go out and DIG these up!!!)
Elatior
Moondance (A non-registered seedling with a wavy edge and spreading form that I got from Mark Zilis)
Wahoo
Unchained Melody
Spring will come...glad you could make it for the rest of the winter!
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Wow, Miss Freaky!!!! Welcome back!!!

How long were you out of a puter? Seems like ages......so glad your back.....I'm not sure what I would have sent you as I was not in the trades......

Have fun catching up!! :P
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Welcome back Freaky :D

I could live without my puter in sumeer... or I think I can,...
for a month maybe... a week :-?
A day?,....... I am rather sure I could live one summer day without it :D

But for dark cold winter days I would go nuts :eek:

For a virtual trade :D ... I can do that :D :D :D :D

Kiwi Full Monthy
Kiwi spearmint
Kiwi Hippo
Kiwi Treasure Trove
Lakeside Masterpiece
Frühlingsgold
Little Jay
Gay Search

Good to see you back :D

Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
John

Post by John »

Welcome back!

I would have sent you an 'Imperial Moth', o.s.

(yeah, that's the ticket...)
Hank Zumach

Post by Hank Zumach »

Stoned Soda!!! :lol: It's good to see you back. I just figured you took a long trip, if you know what I mean. :lol:
Hank
Better Gnomes & Gardens
zone 4B-5A
Latitude: 43° 48' 51" N
Lessadragon
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by Lessadragon »

It's nice to see you back Freaky. I wouldn't have sent you anything in the trade just because of location, but in my virtual world, I would have sent:

Komodo Dragon
Potomac Pride
Cookie Crumbs and
Tidewater

Welcome back..l you were missed.

Lynn
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Hank.. :lol: :lol:

Welcome back, Ellen. It's good to see you got the computer fixed and will be posting again. I wouldn't of sent you nothing cause all the posters above just filled your garden again :roll: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Kent

Post by Kent »

Welcome back Freaky!

Kent
newhostaaddict

Post by newhostaaddict »

ellen,,,

maybe you better sign up for the spring trade now....in case your 'puter' goes out again.....

don't you have access to a computer at the library????,,,you could get your hosta forum fix that way,,,when you are desperate,,,,

jill
FreakyCola

Post by FreakyCola »

Oh you guys almost made me cry! It's so good to hear from all my old buds & some new ones I think. I apologise if I've talked to Jamie, John, Art & Jill before but I don't remember you guys, unless Jamie you're the Jamie I've traded with. I thought that Jamie had a different screen name. I could be having a blonde moment, or as Hank would assume, another kind of moment. :wink: Does take one to know one, huh Hank?

I must not be as complete a Hostaholic as I thought Jill, or I would have gone to the library to sign up for the secret trades. I thought about it when it was too late & I did go a few times and look to see what you guys were talking about. Life just takes over & I actually spent a lot of time working in the garden instead of just talking about it on the puter! Imagine that!

Renaldo, good to see ya! Last time I checked you had WAY more hostas than me, even though I started before you. I do need to update my list since I acquired a few last summer. Yeah, right, a "few". Really, I was good coz I didn't go very many places & didn't have the computer to order anything so only got maybe 10. I know I know, I'm slipping. Please don't delete me from HostaLovers of America, I promise to do better this year!

Newto Hostas No More, we have an ice cream place and two hot dog stands whose openings mean spring is here. They opened & two days later we got 17" of snow on top of the 6 we already had! Good timing guys! We've also had a bunch of robins. I've never seen so many robins. One day I went to the bank & there were about 30 sitting in a cherry tree eating. It was so cool I just sat & watched a while.

Lucy, I'm not sure but I think we did without the computer for 10 months. I don't know why I didn't get it fixed, coz we sure missed it. Just had other things to do I guess.

Pia, hi kid, missed ya! Are you on a Kiwi kick? :lol:

Kent, I can't believe you didn't thrill me with a virtual trade with all your cool hostas! Well, you probably don't want me panting over them, beating down your door, or you're afraid I'll don my vole costume & come a stalking.

Linda, a seedling from Mark Zillis???? Do tell!

And John, boy I wanna trade with you! Originator stock??? Whooeee!

Lynn, I have Komodo. Don't you remember how I have to yell KOMODO in a japanese sumo wrestler type accent whenever I'm around it? That one & TWINKLES. I just have to say TWINKLES in a real high funny voice every time I see it. I don't know what it is about those two hostas that make me giggle when I say their names. :lol:

'm feeling almost human again after reading all the virtual hostas you all sent! They're really great! They're beautiful! Now I hafta really have em all!

You've unleased a monster people! I'm on the hunt for all the gorgeous hostas you've mentioned. Now I'll be on the puter 24/7 till I track them all down. Course, I'll probly have to get a second mortgage, sell my son into slavery, and convince my hubby to get a second, third, fourth & fifth job, but those are minor inconveniences on the way to Hosta Heaven! Oh yeah, I'll also have to rent garden space to plant them all, but maybe the park department has some spare space. They don't need those tennis courts do they? The swimming pool takes up a lot of space too & I'm sure the public would like hostas better than swimming, don't ya think? :D
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Ellen,
I'm the same dufus you traded with :lol: :lol: :lol:
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Welcome back Freaky

Post by oldcoot »

OC is still around when his computer lets him. His has been ugly all winter, It got so bad, he just cut if off one week-end and let it sit, completely turned off. When he turned it back on, it worked fine. Gets a glitch every now and then. Has started dropping names off his address list. After tax time, hopefully a new Dell. Got a Camera and Lenses last year, so a computer is good to go.

Really drives you crazy doesn't it ?? OC glad his is back on today.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
Lessadragon
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by Lessadragon »

I do remember that now that you reminded me Freaky! :lol: The old memory needs a jog now and then. :roll: :lol: I just love that hosta so much that I always think about it when I am sharing hostas.

Lynn
FreakyCola

Post by FreakyCola »

Lynn,
I know what you mean about memory! I have two dragon statues I put under my Komodo Dragon & for some reason this year put one on my front porch steps instead. So when I looked at Komodo one day I thought someone had stolen one statue. I puzzled a long time why someone would only steal one, then I walked by it on the steps & had one of those Homer Simpson DOH moments! :lol:
Ellen
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Welcome back Ellen!!! :D It's good to see you. I remember how you yell KOMODO at your KD and I always think of that when I'm out in the yard with my KD. :lol: :lol: :lol:
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
New Topic Post Reply