Calamity Jane

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
rakenleafs

Calamity Jane

Post by rakenleafs »

If anyone out there has a Calamity Jane and they might want to pass on an eye ???
I have been trying to find one for my Grandma Jane. She is fairley new to Hosta, but has always has those "smell good ones that are green and white" When I told her they were Plantaginea, she corrected me... "smell goods"
Anyway, I have sent her a few, but would love to suprise her... But bottom line is I can't afford the asking price.. which I see has come way down, from $400 to $100.
I have a few I could trade or even pay for... just can't go to $100.
Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit..
Wisdom is knowing not to put it in fruit salad.
rakenleafs Hosta Lists
thehostagourmet
USDA Zone: 5b

Calamity Jane

Post by thehostagourmet »

I promised my grandmother a mink coat when I was a teenager. I ended up getting her a nice warm camel-colored wool coat. It was what I could afford.

Perhaps you could buy 'Seventh Heaven', a great fragrant breeder for $50-65. Then breed her own 'Grandma Jane'.

She might get a kick out of its uniqueness.

George
rakenleafs

Post by rakenleafs »

That is true George.
What I am trying to do is create a memory Garden for her. I have all the children, Grandpa, etc. Have been working on the grandchildren, but while she idolizes them, the children seem to give her the most giddiness, and her reaction to Grandpa was priceless!
I know the price will go down.. in time.. but right now we don't have a lot of time which is why I resorted to seeing if someone might want a trade or a sale.
I'm not saying that less (what I can afford) isn't an option in my daily life... I was saying this was kind of special and I was looking for help.
rakenleafs Hosta Lists
duckaday

CALAMITY JANE

Post by duckaday »

FRANK NYIKOS HAS THE PLANT

HE MIGHT TRADE

HE JUST LIVES 50 MILES SOUTH OF INDPLS

E-MAIL IS

GARDNER@BLUEMARBLE.NET

RICHARD
rakenleafs

Post by rakenleafs »

Thank you Richard, I will contact him.
Isn't Nyikos the registar of Calimity Jane?
rakenleafs Hosta Lists
New Topic Post Reply