Wall to Wall #6

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
renaldo75

Wall to Wall #6

Post by renaldo75 »

I took a few more pics this morning before the raindrops started falling again. Snow is all gone now so we get rain all day today & maybe snow all day tomorrow. :P :???: :x
Attachments
Looking to the west just down the slope from where the last pic was taken - Bed SW to the left, Bed W2 to the right, & Bed W3 straight ahead. The blocks stacked upright on the south wall of W2 will be the new south wall for W1 eventually. I moved them
Looking to the west just down the slope from where the last pic was taken - Bed SW to the left, Bed W2 to the right, & Bed W3 straight ahead. The blocks stacked upright on the south wall of W2 will be the new south wall for W1 eventually. I moved them
easier to see this now without the drift of snow over part of it
easier to see this now without the drift of snow over part of it
2007 - 2-24-07 Wall Pics 001b.jpg
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

For Jamie & George - moat pics. :wink:
Attachments
when the blocks got 4 high at this corner, I felt kinda like I was starting to build a fortress wall
when the blocks got 4 high at this corner, I felt kinda like I was starting to build a fortress wall
There is a moat around here - well actually it's just a trench, but it looks like a moat - no pirannas yet though, George, but they might be a nice deterrent to keep the neighborhood cats from using it as a litter box <EG>
There is a moat around here - well actually it's just a trench, but it looks like a moat - no pirannas yet though, George, but they might be a nice deterrent to keep the neighborhood cats from using it as a litter box <EG>
A better view of the place I'll change this spring. The closest wall will extend a few blocks to the left & then back to join the wall in the upper left. [An 'inny' will be switched to an 'outty']  ;O)
A better view of the place I'll change this spring. The closest wall will extend a few blocks to the left & then back to join the wall in the upper left. [An 'inny' will be switched to an 'outty'] ;O)
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Without a cover of snow, the upper layer of 'fill' I used to fill the seating area is visible. For today at least. The other day when I posted the earlier pics I'd forgotten that I'd also used 8-10 5 gallon buckets of small pieces of old plaster. One of my neighbors was remodeling last fall & had a cartload of the stuff waiting to haul away. I actually thought I'd need to use more of it than I did.
Attachments
the white pieces on top are the pieces of plaster wall
the white pieces on top are the pieces of plaster wall
looking north from the south side of the seating area
looking north from the south side of the seating area
2007 - 2-24-07 Wall Pics 005b.jpg
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

A few more pics.
Attachments
looking south from the north side of W2 - SW is in the upper left, W3 is on the right
looking south from the north side of W2 - SW is in the upper left, W3 is on the right
the west wall of the seating area
the west wall of the seating area
Looking east from the west side of the north end of W3.
Looking east from the west side of the north end of W3.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply