Color under lights

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
leafmould

Color under lights

Post by leafmould »

What joy it is to sit and watch your indoor garden grow ! I used to go away somewhere warm in the winter..I think I enjoy this more !!!! 8-)
Anyone else here me ???
A happy dungeon slave, :P :P
Jim from the Hills
Attachments
DSCN1861.JPG
Mr. Leafmould
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

:o WOW!!! :o

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Jim, I am glad to hear you say that! I am in Kansas...had an opportunity to go to Florida this next week and was glad I got to stay in Kansas! It is supposed to be 75-80 degrees this week and I have hosta noses comin' up....Whirlwind, Grand Prize, Stiletto...and all my babies under the lights...Awesome!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
leafmould

Post by leafmould »

Thanks Charla :P you have hosta coming up :o
I have two feet of snow with a half inch crust of ICE on top :evil:
Thanks Claudia :wink:
Mr. Leafmould
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

I hear ya Leafy. I thoroughly enjoy growing my babies inside waiting for the warm weather to arrive. Great photo btw, that flower color is amazing against the green background. :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
NWhosta4life

Post by NWhosta4life »

I really enjoy your photography jim, it really shows off all the hybridizing work you put into your plants....some features can be tough to capture on film
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

I'm sorry....I wasn't trying to rub it in that spring is almost here in Kansas. I reeeealllly feel for you all in the tundra still. I was just trying to agree with you about how nice it is to have things growing under lights. 8-) I usually get spring fever so bad by mid-January that I want to crawl under a rock and hibernate till April! But this year with growing hosta from seed for the first time, I hardly felt a twinge! I had just happened to take a stroll around my gardens just before I signed on. Hang in there, y'all, it's just around the corner.....no, really!!! :P
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
New Topic Post Reply