Spring in Southern Wisconsin?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
wzbt03

Spring in Southern Wisconsin?

Post by wzbt03 »

What a nice surprise today - my crocus has made an appearance - okay I am done looking, on with the hostas.
Attachments
It must be spring.jpg
addieotto
Location: Southern NJ Lat: 39° 47' 17.916" Lon: -74° 59' 13.56"

Post by addieotto »

I had the same thought this morning when I saw my single, solitary blooming crocus ... I thought "ooooh", then walked over to inspect the spots where hosta will be sprouting up. :wink:

Maybe when the rest of them open up they will distract me for more than a moment. :wink:
SUE
My hosta blog: http://myhostagardens.com
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Wow, all I got here are just points out of the ground on my crocus....I finally got them planted last year as I have no idea why I never had any before. :P

Thanks for sharing!! Spring is on its way for sure!!
Gruntfuttock

Post by Gruntfuttock »

I noticed at the weekend that I have hosta eyes. The crocuses have almost finished, but produced a superb display this year.
Zone: This is England we don't do zones. Pick any number between 2 and 11

http://www.zyxwv.co.uk/

There are 10 types of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

I have quite a few crocus blooming now after 2 days of 65 & Tuesday it was 75. Then back to reality yesterday in the low 50's & it kept getting colder & windier as the day progressed.

I was raking leaves off of hosta beds on the nice days. I found a few hosta eyes showing - mainly cuz they need to be planted deeper. They got covered with more soil right away. You don't WANT to be seeing them yet!! I sure don't after the disaster I had in 2005..... :(
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
hummingbird
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by hummingbird »

Oh now that's soooooo pretty, what a lovely bright yellow. Amazing how a few little blooms like that can raise your spirits so high.

The temps here the past coulpe weeks have been quite on the warm side, even to the point of sunbathing....yup opportunity knocked :D . But yesterday I was looking at some of the hostas to keep a watch on any heaving and lo and behold a few eyes are eagerly starting to poke through :o NOT GOOD.....still going to freeze up and snow here yet, not safe til end of May really so not sure what to do at this point ACK!
As exciting as it is to see them, they need to go back to sleep, anyone know of any good hosta bedtime stories? :roll:
"Friends are as elusive as rainbows"
New Topic Post Reply