A STREAK ON STEROIDS?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
malaprop

A STREAK ON STEROIDS?

Post by malaprop »

All of these streaks were planted the 3rd week in October 06. (I have plenty more streaks 1/2 the size of these or even smaller--these are my largest.)

They all are throwing the same new leaf. All are in 3-inch band-pots except for fat albert, who HAD TO GO into a 1-gallon pot about 10 days ago.

Fat albert measures about 9-1/2 to 10 inches across, the ones in bands about 4-1/2 inches. (I don't have a fancy setup--old flourescents, 4 - tubes.and only two shelves and really no room for 1-gallon pots anyway.)

About every other year I get one solid colored hosta seedling exhibit this abnormal growth, but having a streak that is OUTGROWING THE PLAIN ONES,? NEVER.

What causes these fat alberts? I had a L. Surfrider tc that took off, and continued the rapid growth in the years to follow, and towered over the other tc of L. Surfrider I had.

Anyone else have streaks from October planting? What's their size?

--------------------
Fat albert is out of Delta Pride, OP
Attachments
streak collection 2007xxx4.JPG
allnitro

Post by allnitro »

Your streaked Fat Albert is Big & Beautiful :cool:
JEFF
wzbt03

Size

Post by wzbt03 »

I took out the tape measure and I have a number that are over 12 inches wide but none look as fine as yours.
Great looking seedling!
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Those are all nice, Mal.
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
New Topic Post Reply