New AHS Journal?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
MikeWI

New AHS Journal?

Post by MikeWI »

Already?

I just got a 'newsletter' with promises of a Journal in April... went out to drop some mail in the box and there sits the new journal.... I've never gotten a Journal this early before... usually I hear about it on the forum for a while first.

This one has the 06 registrations.

On the cover is a nice shot of Dark Star, one of my fav's. Lotsa great pics inside.

Timing is perfect... Had hernia surgery last week...not moving much this week and have read and reread my current mags a few times... so this will be fun.
Mike
Milwaukee
hummingbird
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by hummingbird »

Got mine today too Mike, some wonderful pics as usuual, gonna do a lil reading tonight. Nice surprise! :P
"Friends are as elusive as rainbows"
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Hi Mike

Post by oldcoot »

:-? :-? :-? OC has been there and done that but a LONG time ago. Glad you got yours. Will have to go out and see if mine is here.

Take it easy if you can, but you will feel a lot better now.

OC with long memories of walking hunched over.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Oh Goodie!! Something to look forward to! :D
Thanks for the heads up!
And Mike........I wish you a swift recovery from your surgery! :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
oldcoot

OC just rode his little scooter out and checked the mail

Post by oldcoot »

but no Mag. Soon he guesses. Box was full of beautiful new catalogs. WIll scan them tonight and throw them away. The plants OC has got coming in from Chris is all he has room for.
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
MikeWI

Post by MikeWI »

Thanks for the well wishes.... sooner the better on recovery... I'll take it any day! I did it right triple hernia. Had to get it fixed before spring takes hold.
Mike
Milwaukee
thehostagourmet
USDA Zone: 5b

Get well soon

Post by thehostagourmet »

Now you know you shouldn't have been tossing around those bags of Milorganite. :lol:

Hope you feel better before it's time to plant.

George
hummingbird
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by hummingbird »

:lol: @ George
"Friends are as elusive as rainbows"
Jimmy Mac

Post by Jimmy Mac »

I noticed a writer in the Journal who is one of our own.Very nice work Josh.Look under distinctly green by Joshua Spece.Jimmy

Here's to a quick recovery Mike.I don't like someone getting more time off work than i do.
viktoria

Post by viktoria »

Best wishes, Mike. Words of wisdom from my doctor: "Stand up straight. It does not hurt any more if you stand up straight."

How many surgeries do you think he had had?

I swear I am the last person on Earth to get the Journal. Mine usually comes at least a month after I first read about it here.
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

I had a single hernia surgery 8 years ago this spring. It was an emergency hernia surgery. :o Didn't know that was possible, but I found out it was. I was fine when I went to work & started feeling bad shortly after I got there. Drove myself out to the clinic around 10am & was having surgery by about 2pm. This was when my wife & I had the flower shop & it happened to fall the week 'off' in between prom on one weekend & Mother's Day 2 weeks later. Viktoria's Dr. is right to a point, but after every arrangement I made the Friday nite before the holiday I laid on a counter for 5 min. trying to recover enough to go on to the next one.

In other words, don't rush it, Mike. You will feel better when you feel better & it's not wise to push it too far. You'll still have plenty of time to work in the garden this spring!! :P So get a couple of good books & relax while you've got the chance.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Hope you get back on your feet soon Mike! Take it easy while you can, there are lots of holes out there to be dug later, LOL. Thanks for the reminder, I wanted to rejoin the AHS as my membership had lapsed. I just signed up online for 2 more years, I really had missed that journal.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I got mine today too!! :D
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

And I too :o

That's the first time I have it at the same time as some of you :D
Haven't looked inside- board meeting :cry:

Mike -all the best wishes for a speedy recovery

Pia .. thanking Google for the explanation :lol:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Mike I am sorry I didn't say anything to you about your surgery.....I don't think I have heard of a triple hernia.....WOW!... I had one fixed in the belly before.....Here is hugs and good wishes for you to get better fast!! Isn't it something how you move a arm and you can feel it in the belly? LOL
JoshS
USDA Zone: 4

Post by JoshS »

Thanks, Jimmy, glad you liked it :D

Get to feeling better, Mike! It sure feels like spring after the thunderstorms this morning, but I bet you'll have plenty of time to rest up before "garden time."
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Hey, Mike...hope you're feeling better soon. Maybe the HJ came to you first just to help with your recovery. Please take good care of yourself. My DH didn't, and ended up having to get the repair repaired about 20 years down the road.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
jgh

Post by jgh »

get well, Mike Good timing... get some recovery in before spring chores get too pressing.

Got mine also... surprising how they arrived at lots of different places on the same day.

Some good reading. It will be interesting to see how the first 15 Benedict Performance Award hostas match up with our top 10 list voting here...
MikeWI

Post by MikeWI »

thnks again for the well wishes.... i swear the 'down' time is making me more aware of the stuff i need/want to do for spring... as i pace the house and short walks outside... my head is commin' up with all sorts of interesting projects for the year....(might also have something to do withthe oxycodon.... :roll: :D :wink: )
Mike
Milwaukee
oldcoot

Yep, that and a cold beer

Post by oldcoot »

will definitely put you in La-La Land. Won 't hurt anymore either. Don't rush you self. No need to have a repaired repair OC
New Topic Post Reply