Crazy weather

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
thehostagourmet
USDA Zone: 5b

Crazy weather

Post by thehostagourmet »

We hit 70 yesterday. Next week they say low of 32 which is a typical Western New York spring. At least I uprighted the pots I had tipped to let the frozen tops melt out on the ground and not drown the crown. Thought I'd try that this year with the few I could easily reach.

Busy indoors transplanting seedlings after a weekend away visiting the granddaughter, Lily, for her first birthday party. The 1/21-22 seedlings are getting big, and I should have some nice plants , although a lot fewer this year, except for 152 OP 'Azure Snow' seeds which are looking interesting.

Can't wait for the outside growth to start so I can decide what goes to First Look this year. It's less than three months until hybridizing starts again. I may bring a One Man's Treasure indoors to force earlier blooms to cross.

I'm planning some more weird crosses for this year. FUN!

George
Last edited by thehostagourmet on Mar 27, 2007 11:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Sounds like you're more than ready to start hybridizing again, George - have fun!! :P
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
thehostagourmet
USDA Zone: 5b

Hybridizing

Post by thehostagourmet »

In the sales business you come to realize pretty quickly that not everyone is going to buy. That doesn't, however, keep you from being disappointed when you lose a sale.

George
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

except for 152 OP 'Azure Snow' seeds which are looking interesting.
Well, stop teasing us George, show us some pics..
Pieter

"Never trust anyone who doesn't have dog hair on their clothes."

Pieter's Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply