Has anyone developed a nursery handout on HVX?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Arlene

Has anyone developed a nursery handout on HVX?

Post by Arlene »

I've also asked this on the HVX board but there's not a lot of activity there right now so I thought I'd post it here, too.

I'm giving a talk on HVX to my Master Gardener group next month. I was going to develop a 1-or 2 page handout that people could copy and give to nursery managers when they spot virused stock. I'm thinking maybe a page of information and website references (including of course, this forum) and maybe a page of photos.

Before I take the time to do that, I thought I'd ask if anyone else has already done it . . . or if not, would it be something you'd find useful?

Arlene
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

What a great idea, Arlene! I would find it useful! An email format may be helpful, too, as it could be sent quickly and at no cost, to a large number of nurseries that have websites....? Great idea!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Check the Hosta Library. There's a notice on the first HVX page you get that encourages reproduction...why reinvent the wheel?
All material in the Hosta Virus X section of the HostaLibrary, including photographs, is intended for free use as a public service. Please feel free to copy and use to help us contain the spread of this disease.
http://www.hostalibrary.org/firstlook/HVX.htm
Pieter

"Never trust anyone who doesn't have dog hair on their clothes."

Pieter's Hosta List
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

another good idea? Pieter, tell me about your friend in the photo under your login name....
Charla
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Charla, that's our dearly departed Rottie girl 'Karo Sioux', miss her truly. You can meet her, her mom and her brothers @ http://www.resteddoginn.ca/furry.php...
Pieter

"Never trust anyone who doesn't have dog hair on their clothes."

Pieter's Hosta List
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Pieter, I understand. I lost my precious rottie, Madison, 11/27/01 and I still can't talk about it. She was only 7 - had a reaction to some unknown...flea treatment, food, not sure. I have never met a kinder soul than Madison, not human, animal or otherwise. There isn't a better dog than a well-bred, well-trained Rottie. :cry:

I briefly looked at your web page. I have seen some of those pics before, in books and stuff. I'll look more later, I'd like to go thru it all....

Rotts have really gotten a bad rap...
Charla
Willowy

Post by Willowy »

Here is the one I have used the last two year:
http://www.inthecountrygardenandgifts.c ... _flier.pdf
a.k.a. hostabuff
My Hosta List & My Blog
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

That's a good one, Willowy. Especially since here most of what I have seen is in Striptease. Thanks! :)
Charla
Papou

HVX talk

Post by Papou »

Great idea Arlene. I would appreciate your text and photos. Please send to ghislain@hawk.igs.net
Thaks.

Papou
New Topic Post Reply