'Potted' Hosta

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
renaldo75

'Potted' Hosta

Post by renaldo75 »

Here's what my garden has looked like since Tuesday. It was about 25 when I got up yesterday morning - was up to 34 in the afternoon. I did a walking tour to get some pics & make sure all the pots were still where I'd put them & discovered 4 that had blown off even WITH a brick on top. :x One of those was Liberty that was up about 4 inches. The outer leaf didn't look too wonderful but I mounded soil around it & put a bucket instead of a pot over it. Hope that does some good. And I covered Revolution which was emerging - no sign of it the day before.

I haven't looked at the extended forecast, but it was about 19 when I looked here earlier this morning. I don't think the pots will be getting moved any time soon.
Attachments
this is Garden E3 which has a border of Stiletto that was partially unfurled - the patio bowl pots were just the right size to cover the larger clumps
this is Garden E3 which has a border of Stiletto that was partially unfurled - the patio bowl pots were just the right size to cover the larger clumps
this is Garden S2 - just west of the garden in the 1st pic
this is Garden S2 - just west of the garden in the 1st pic
west side of the garden under the crab apple tree
west side of the garden under the crab apple tree
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Reldon, do yourself a favor and don't look at the extended forecast. It's not so good.
Nothing covered here, all at the mercy of the weather.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
allhuskrred

WOW!!!!!

Post by allhuskrred »

WOW!!!!! , That looks so much like mine, I have 200+ hosta and about 75% of them were checking out some new surroundings and then "BOOOOM" Mother Nature HITS :cry: :( What a D--- Shame Allen
Libby

Post by Libby »

I wish I had half as many pots - and bricks to weight them! My yard is a mess of sheets, containers and baskets but I'm leaving them on until this over, too. They sure aren't going to look very good anyway and at least I feel like I'm doing something to save them.
New Topic Post Reply