Dreaming of Spring

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
hostarod

Dreaming of Spring

Post by hostarod »

I sure have got cabin fever these days. I guess I need to move further south for a longer growing season.
Here are a couple seedlings out of Fudge Ripple from a couple years ago that I am waiting to see soon I hope.
Rod
Attachments
seedlings bed 16box6.JPG
seedling 1 2006.JPG
wzbt03

Fudge

Post by wzbt03 »

Now those are some great looking seedlings.

How old will the plant be this year?
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Cool Rod, I like to see the seedlings as they grow up from year to year. That can be more fun sometimes than seeing what comes from the seed that first year as they change and take on diff. traits. Wish sometimes I was more detail minded and kept better track of the offspring. I just find a place, set them out and check on them each spring to see they are coming back, LOL. If I have something special, I have carted it from house to house, as I have moved a lot in the past 5yrs or so. Last year, I had some green seedlings with special pollen parents, some from LM and some seed I grew from Brian and Virginia's Odd Pod that are growing in large storage bins. They are starting to pop, and I will be watching for some blooms on them to evaluate this year, I hope, LOL. It is easy to keep all the streaked babies, find home for them on a small property, but the green ones can take a lot of dedication when you don't have room or energy for them. Thanks for the updated, what comes next pics. Spring will be here soon, I promise.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Excellent seedlings, Rod! I wouldn't mind a longer growing season myself, but have no plans on moving anytime in the near future. This predictable unpredictable Ohio weather just about drives me insane. For Heaven's sake....The home opener for the Cleveland Indians was snowed out yesterday!! :roll:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

I like those! Great leaf shape and form on that first one.
I think spring got lost...
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
oldcoot
USDA Zone: 8

Wouldn't do you any good

Post by oldcoot »

:eek: :eek: :eek: to be down south THIS week-end. Setting a new record low for each date. 24* windchill factor, this morning. BRRRRRRR..............OC, not used to THIS....
There may be snow in the garden, but there will always be eternal springtime in the heart of this old gardner - Saying of Old Coot
New Topic Post Reply