order from Hallson's just arrived....WOW!!

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
eastwood2007

order from Hallson's just arrived....WOW!!

Post by eastwood2007 »

I am posting this for all you, like me that are new to the forum, and to Hallson Gardens....

I just got my first shipment of hostas from Chris, and they are magnificent! :D I have ordered hostas from several places and have purchased them at others, but these are the best! :D Absolutely terrific! When they start to sprout, I'll post some pics!

I highly, highly recommend Hallson's. :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Now I really can't wait to get mine!! I joined Hallson's last summer, but this is my first order from Chris & Brian. Have a couple more things I will probably order. Trying to see if I can find the locally first.

Of course, more hostas in the future too!! DH just has to get the beds made first!! :lol:

Claudia
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Yeah Baby!!!!!! It tickles me that you loved his box! I love getting them too!!I need more room.....:lol:

HALLSON's ROCKS!!!!! :cool:

Hey, I just remembered I got Chris flyer in the mail today.....Pretty Cool!! :D
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Glad you're happy with your order from Hallson's, Charla. Chris and Brian work very hard to grow excellent, healthy plants and they package them extremely well. I am always amazed at the size of the roots on their plants. No wonder they do so well in our gardens. :wink:

And LG.....what flyer are you talking about? I haven't gotten a flyer. Wonder if I was supposed to? :???:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
flowerchild59

Post by flowerchild59 »

Remember to go to Garden Watchdog and post your opinions on the plants you purchase from any nursery. I am waiting for my annual, oh heck, my two or three times a year, hallson's fix. You can't go wrong with the plants I get from Chris. (hey, that sounds like a slogan :lol: )
http://davesgarden.com/gwd/c/155/
On the keyboard of life always keep one finger on the escape key.
Cheryl
My Hosta List
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

I'm psyched too for a package. I ordered 4.
H. Copa Cabana, Ooh La La, Tidewater and Wooly Bully. I barely kept it under $100.- but with S & H only being $8.95 I could possibly place a second order. I have plants under lights currently (hosta) but I anticipate moving them to the green house next month. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
green house fun.jpg
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Lisa, I got Copa Cabana from Chris, and I don't think you'll be disappointed...that one and Devon Green were really too large for the one-gallon pots I put them in! :o I'll be repotting soon if they don't get in the ground... :D
Charla
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Boy is that a cute little greenhouse Lisa!!!

Joan, it is just a one page, front & back newsletter like thingy....:lol: I bet you will get one, too.....It's spring greetings from the boys..... :P
ladyblue
USDA Zone: 5B

Post by ladyblue »

Lisa, I love your greenhouse!!Where did you order it?
I agree, you can't beat Hallson's!! :)
Bonnie
playinmud

Post by playinmud »

Charla, Any pics yet?? I'd love to see them. Especially Tidewater, I've been lusting for that one for awhile now.

Lisa,that is neat. Is that greenhouse made out of plastic? I only ask, because I'm looking at the hinges on the door and they look like they're some kind of moulded plastic. Where'd you get that?
~PIM~

°`°º¤ø,¸¸Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life¸¸,ø¤º°`°
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

No pics, yet as they are dormant. But the eyes are huge and the root systems extensive. Very impressive, really! :D
Charla
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

I had a pretty good idea you'd be amazed at the roots on Hallson's hostas. :wink: :cool:

I got my newsletter today - haven't opened it yet - I'm still smiling though cuz the hosta leaf on the Hallson's return address label is my pic of Spring Fling that Chris asked if he could use for the online catalog. Pretty :cool: to go get the mail & realize that a pic you took has been delivered in miniature to your door. :P :cool: Like I said - I'm still :D :D :D !!
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

I thought you might have liked that Renaldo :D I have an assortment of return address labels with different plants on it, including one with your great picture of Spring Fling, so when I saw your label come up I used that label on your envelope and wondered if you would recognize it. Glad it put a smile on your face :D

Chris
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Reldon, that is pretty cool about your picture! I had to go look again....:lol:

Yeah, I want to know about that little green house...It's adorable! Not that I would ever get one.....I am still waiting for shade.....I thought I was going to maybe get that done, but now I find oput that the guy lives in Chicago, and it's too far with all the construction..... :x ... Oh well.....Poor DH is working way too much.....mostly 12 hour days EVERYDAY......I am babbling now...sorry.
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Thanks, Chris - you made my day!! :D
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
putnamgardens

Post by putnamgardens »

Greenhouse is plastic. It even has a floor. I found it at Sam's Club. Menards also carried it last summer....SAME price $2,000 before tax. We assembled it in two days. If you get one....the best advise I can give ya is make sure the ground is level. It's 12x10. It housed my gazing ball collection all winter. Later, Love, Lisa
Attachments
Gazing ball over kill.jpg
Have I mentioned lately that my drinking team has a hosta problem?
New Topic Post Reply