Name those mini hostas

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
k9clipper

Name those mini hostas

Post by k9clipper »

Hi Everyone, I am new to this forum and still fairly new to Hostas, but yesterday my mother brought me some mini hostas from the farmers market, but she didnt ask what their name is :eek: I have a few ideas on what they might be, but I wanted some more opinions. I think the light green may be feather boa and the dark green may be Silver Halo. What do you all think, any input would be appreciated. I love knowing what their names are :)

Amanda

Sorry the pic is so fuzzy :???:

Attachments
DSCN1874.JPG
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Welcome to the forum, Amanda. I don't have any ideas on the hosta identities, but perhaps you could go to the farmer's market next time, find the seller, and get the names?
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

:lol: Neither have I ... but welcome to the forums, hope you will enjoy them :D

Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Welcome to Hallson's , Amanda! We'll be sure to throw the welcome mat out for you in the Welcome Forum. :wink:
I'm sorry, but I am terrible at IDing also. There's just so many minis now and many of them have similar traits. But I do have faith that some of the "experts" here will be able to at least narrow it down for you. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
k9clipper

Post by k9clipper »

Thanks for looking, and for the warm welcome.
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the forums :)

The picture is fuzzy because the forum is trying to create a thumbnail but in reality it is making the picture bigger (click on the "thumbnail" and you'll see what I mean). If you compress your images a little you won't need to make them so small in size and they might show up better.

As to guesses on these guys, I would guess the one on the right could possibly be 'Twist of Lime'. I'm not sure of the other one...
k9clipper

Post by k9clipper »

Thank You Chris, I checked the Hosta Library and I agree, that little hosta does look like Twist of Lime, I will take a better pic of the other tommorow and post agin. Thanks for you help.
Chris_W wrote:Hi Amanda,

Welcome to the forums :)

The picture is fuzzy because the forum is trying to create a thumbnail but in reality it is making the picture bigger (click on the "thumbnail" and you'll see what I mean). If you compress your images a little you won't need to make them so small in size and they might show up better.

As to guesses on these guys, I would guess the one on the right could possibly be 'Twist of Lime'. I'm not sure of the other one...
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Hi, Amanda, and welcome to the forums! It is hard to tell, but does the one on the right have darker green edges on the leaves? It's shape looks kinda like "Cracker Crumbs", but CC has dark edges...
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Kas

Post by Kas »

What about 'Hi Ho Silver' for the one on the left? That's what it looks like to me.

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

Twist of Lime is a good guess, and I have been seeing in the trade this year, alongside Stiletto, which could be the other one (although it should have wavier edges).

Welcome!
Kas

Post by Kas »

Or maybe 'Vera Verde'?

Kas
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend; and inside a dog, it's too dark to read. - Groucho Marx
New Topic Post Reply