Marrakesh

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Marrakesh

Post by thy »

It is here in a pot on the patio.. I am so happy to have one of Kents hostas here

I do not do theme beds, but do have a special thing with Hallson people hostas/ seed plants... :D

Registry - not registered
MyHostas - http://myhostas.be/db/hostas/Marrakech
Hosta Library - http://www.hostalibrary.org/m/marrakech.html

Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Where's your pic, Pia? Don't know if you remember, but I got mine the first week of April. I didn't know when I ordered it that it not only has ruffley yellow leaves but red petioles, too! In fact, when I first got it, it didn't yet show its red pets. It is really pretty in real life...I hope you are enjoying it! :D
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Kent

Post by Kent »

Charla

Marrakech has pink flower scapes but I don't remember it having red petioles. I don't have it in my garden anymore so I could be wrong as my memory isn't the best lately :lol:

Cheers,
Kent
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Kent wrote:
Marrakech has pink flower scapes but I don't remember it having red petioles. I don't have it in my garden anymore so I could be wrong as my memory isn't the best lately :lol:
Dude, seeeriously! :o :o :o You don't have it in your garden anymore!!!! :eek:

Hope these pics will refresh your memory...it's a dandy!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: BTW, Naylor Creek Nursery carries it, if you need one... 8-) :lol:
Marrakech 002.jpg
Marrakech 001.jpg
Marrakech 001.jpg (52.98 KiB) Viewed 3366 times
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
Kent

Post by Kent »

Thanks for reminding me Charla. I usually don't keep my hostas once I introduce them. :???: I always have to make room for the new babies. :D

Cheers,
Kent
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Kent, hope you have a friend just around the corner with a nice collection of your plants :D

Charla.. PICS :eek:
You meen something from my camera to my PC.. :hmm: is is spring, .. no darn it I got a new one, running Vista.. and I cant figure out,haven't the time.. do not want to use that much tiime to figure out how to disconect all its stupid features.. But I did order a handbook for Vista yesterday- nothing works like I want it too and my old programe do not seem to work with it.. it was so easy to use.. so maybe 2009 :evil:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Every time I scroll past this topic it's like a switch is thrown & I hear Crosby, Stills, & Nash. :o :wink:

Kent - I couldn't do what you do with your hostas when you put them into TC. Especially as fantastic as your intros are!! I'd have to keep at least 1 division of it whether I had any room for it or not. Guess I'm too sentimental... :???:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I'm too sentimental too! I can't believe you don't have at least one of each of your intros, Kent!!! :o
Nice pic, Charla.......it sure is purdy!! :wink:
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Kent

Post by Kent »

Well the truth is... I usually get sick of them after awhile. :o I spend so much time obsessing over them that by the time I introduce them I'm kind of glad to let them go. :P

The only one I currently grow that's out on the market is Little Hobber...I can't not grow that one since it was my first.

Kent
playinmud

Post by playinmud »

I'm with everyone Kent, I couldn't part with them either. :o

I have 'Little Hobber'! I can see why you would want to keep that one, it's adorable. Mine sits nestled at the foot of a giant S&S...makes the name a bit more appropriate with him there...looks like a little hobber (whatever that is :D ).
~PIM~

°`°º¤ø,¸¸Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life¸¸,ø¤º°`°
largosmom

Post by largosmom »

I added Marrakech to my collection this spring too, and am looking forward to the pink petioles.

If Kent is reading, can you tell me it's potential as a breeder? Best as pod or pollen parent if so?

Thanks!

Laura
Kent

Post by Kent »

Laura,

I would start by using it as a pod parent. Try crossing it with different blue hostas, you will like the results.

Cheers,
Kent
largosmom

Post by largosmom »

Thank you very much for the advice (and all your hard work in creating)! I'm sure enjoying it, and like visiting the FoosF website for new ideas and of course to drool over everyone's photos. I'll have to see what other hostas I have to play with when it is blooming. 8-) I've got several nice new blues now, or on the way. I'm still sorting out the whole hybridizing thing and learning to keep records and what blooms together.

Laura
New Topic Post Reply