For Leafy

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
kHT
USDA Zone: 7-8 Z-nial

For Leafy

Post by kHT »

You made the statement I should give up the Brug garden for my hosta, well after three weeks of rounding up the hostas here is my Hallson's Hosta bed around the path to the back. Plus my hosta fence in my shade garden. That took 20 years of growing that we started out with just the two types in the yard when we moved here. The HH's garden is only those that I have traded for here. I have some new seedlings that will be added in the back row of the brugs garden.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
The Goddess is Alive and Magic is Afoot!!!!
I'm just a simple housewife.
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Looks like the hosta forum is having a positive effect on you, Karma. :wink: :P Your gardens/hostas sure look nice!! :P
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
pauhaus
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by pauhaus »

Looks great Karma! Congrats. :P
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
playinmud

Post by playinmud »

Very nice Karma. Love your gardens! :D :D
~PIM~

°`°º¤ø,¸¸Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life¸¸,ø¤º°`°
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Very nice and am sure they will loveto have a little shade fom some brugs :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

Nice Garden Karma. Is that shade cloth you attached to your chain link?? You must smile every time you look at your Hosta trades.
Cheryl
kHT

Post by kHT »

Yep Ren, y'll are rubbing off!! Thank you for your comments, just want to make Leafy proud at that he is creating. Slowly giving up the Brugmansia for an easier Hosta life!!
maidofshade, those are pvc slats that are made for chainlink fences, which is really nice. DH got the hint once I started hanging some wild material on the fence to block some of the winds.
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

OMG Karma!!! :o ....I would have never thought!! :lol: :lol: Okay my turn to ask YOU.......Do you need anything??? :lol:

And it look GREAT!!! BEAUTIFUL!!!
kHT

Post by kHT »

:lol: Ms Goose, now you know why you can't get a hold of me!! I have really put my heart and soul into this. I really want to thank everyone here for all the posts I have been reading as you have really helped in deciding where these should of gone in the first place. I know these are to close but will in a year or two be moving them as they continue to grow to their permanent home. I have a short dog to contend with that well loves jumping over the hostas so it's a learning process for us both! :wink: She isn't happy with these in her way. Ms Goose thank you, now you know another secret and I'm really taking Leafy's advice to heart, less brugs and more hostas. With getting the book from Chris I've still got a lot of learning to go! DH saids it's time to take down the hosta fence. :cry:
karma 'Happy Toes' (kHT)
New Topic Post Reply