Nightlife

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

allnitro

Post by allnitro »

You have some excellent photography skills wzbt03! :D
I like the 'Hacksaw' in my garden. :cool: :P :D :roll:
JEFF
baja220
USDA Zone: 6

Post by baja220 »

I like the looks of Nightlife too, the flowers are huge!!!

Chris, I just got a Sunny Disposition a couple weeks ago and I already love it even tho it's just a small 1 eyed plant.
Jamie

Post by Jamie »

Beauty Is In The Eye Of The Beholder :-)..

I won't pass judgment until I see a mature plant. Like Chris mentioned some aren't all that when immature and then some aren't all that when mature.. I think this has some potential when mature though. Not sure there's many fragrant hostas that are this color :-)..
DBoweMD

Post by DBoweMD »

Sunny Disposition is a cool plant, and now I have a story to go with it. I visited Frank Nyikos (Walnut Grove Nursery) at the start of the National convention. He was telling me about Sunny Disposition, and how great it was in full sun, and not so great in full shade.
On hearing the name, I couldn't remember why it sounded familiar but I couldn't place it, but I knew I didn't have it. He took me to show me where he has them lined out in full sun with his daylilies. When I saw it, I remembered that Chris was the one who had told me about how great he thought it was, how the shade of yelllow was so different from other gold hostas, and I told Frank that.
I then found out that Frank was the person who hybridized it! Of course I now have it in my collection :)
baja220
USDA Zone: 6

Post by baja220 »

I planted my SD in a spot that gets full sun till about 2:30PM. You think that's enough or should I move it? I'm down here in OK.
DBoweMD

Post by DBoweMD »

Sounds good to me!
gesila9
USDA Zone: 5

Re: Nightlife

Post by gesila9 »

Here's my Nightlife I bought at Hallsons in July 2011. No need to worry about the slugs putting holes in this one!
New Topic Post Reply