The joys...

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Pieter

The joys...

Post by Pieter »

of buying bare root stock....

These were sold as 'Eskimo Pie', came out of the same package and certainly to these aging eyes they look rather dissimilar, wouldn't you say?

It's obviously too early to really tell what the green one will look like later on, but certainly the variegated one has me saying; "Well, I don't think that's 'Eskimo Pie', but what could it be?" When the leaves first unfurled they were solid green and the variegation has gradually come in and lightened up over the past 4-5 weeks. I kinda like the wavyness of the leaves and I'm curious now as to what it is I actually have here.

Any guesses?
Attachments
Eskimo Pie....NOT!!
Eskimo Pie....NOT!!
Pieter

"Never trust anyone who doesn't have dog hair on their clothes."

Pieter's Hosta List
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Nope. But I can definitely say that neither of them is what you bought them as. :wink: Where the heck did you find 'Eskimo Pie' bare root/2 per bag anyway?? :o
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Ren, that would be that favourite box store of mine, COSTCO. And they actually came 4 to a bag, three look like the one on the right. Nice enough I suppose, but no EP :evil:
Pieter

"Never trust anyone who doesn't have dog hair on their clothes."

Pieter's Hosta List
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

No Costco's here in the middle of nowhere. :wink: LOL I'm not real sure I'd find one if I drove to Omaha or Des Moines either. :lol:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
New Topic Post Reply