My 2007 buying has started

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
SUEDIA

My 2007 buying has started

Post by SUEDIA »

Here are a couple of my new purchases for this year. If you can tell me anything about them and if they are picky about where they need to be planted. I would appreciate any information about them.
Thanks,
Sue
Attachments
Would really like info on this one.
Would really like info on this one.
Peanut & Xrated.jpg
Yin.jpg
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

I don't know anything about any of them, but they look good! I especially like the looks of that last one! :D
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I can't give you any info either,but I also love the dark leaves on that last one. I'll be getting Peanut this year, so I'll keep an eye out on this post and see what advice you get about that one. I did get Yin last year, but it's too early to tell how it's going to do. :)
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

I can't tell you much either except that I've heard of all 4, but have none.

I do remember that Peanut was the one with controversy swirling around it last summer because it was suspected to be the same hosta as one of Mary Chastain's Lakesides. I believe X-rated is a sport of X-ray with a narrower margin. Yin is still available for sale, but it's sibling Yang is not anymore. :???: And I think Lakeside Iron Man gets huge. So if you plant your 2 minis next to it - you may not see them again. :wink:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
New Topic Post Reply