A few pics

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
hummingbird
USDA Zone: 9b

A few pics

Post by hummingbird »

Here's a few pics of what is happening hosta wise around here the last couple weeks...feels so nice to see them .
If you click on the thumbnails they should open larger for you...first time I post this way so please forgive me if it doesn't. :oops:
In order here's......
Rainforest Sunrise, Popcorn, Marilyn Munroe, Spring Fling, Stitch in Time, Majesty, Little Red Rooster, Flamboyant seedling, Fiesta, Gemini Moon, Dawns Early Light, Dancing in the Rain, and Alligator Shoes.

Last edited by hummingbird on May 07, 2007 4:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Friends are as elusive as rainbows"
HostaDesigner

Post by HostaDesigner »

Nice! I got a little dizzy looking at the first one. The leaves keep circling around and around and around and around.... :lol:
Tundra_Queen

Post by Tundra_Queen »

Hummer, those are so nice! Are they up earlier where u are now, than they did when u lived in Ontario?
Debbie

hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

:lol: @ HostaDesigner

Hi Debbie, so nice to see you post here again! :P Ummm yes up much sooner, in March we had a few weeks of very warm weather and the hosta woke up very early. So I dug them up and potted them to put in the GH so that they wouldn't get nuked by sudden cold spells again. Of course they grew even faster being kept in the greenhouse too. Some of these came in mailorder order as well so a mixture there really.
I don't suppose your seeing any your way just yet are you? I recall your usually one of the last to see your hosta poke through :???:
Tigger
USDA Zone: 6b - 7a

Post by Tigger »

HostaDesigner wrote:Nice! I got a little dizzy looking at the first one. The leaves keep circling around and around and around and around.... :lol:
Yeah, Rainforest Sunrise was REALLY cool the way it opened this year (new to me). Like little cabbages.
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Beauties, all of them! Nice selection. :D
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

They all look wonderful!! :P So fresh!! Fiesta is one I'm not familiar with. I like those long leaves. Are its leaves kind of floppy or is that just an optical illusion?? :-?
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
hummingbird

Post by hummingbird »

Thanks for the comments folks.

Reldon, this one is new to me and that pic was the day it was potted so it was pouting a tad. It's not sagging anymore, but does seem to have a horizontal habit at the moment.
Being young I don't know what form it will have once it matures.
All I could find info wise was that it was a streaked seedling of Pin Stripe Sister x Maekawa and introduced by Elslager. I do really like the bright color of it so far.
New Topic Post Reply