Hosta Handbook pricing question

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
bengal

Hosta Handbook pricing question

Post by bengal »

I just realized that I have an extra copy of The Hosta Handbook. ("Just realized": yes I have a lot of books, and they're not exactly shelved systematically at this point. :blush:) I have been thinking about decluttering the house by selling my extra cra....er, I mean, stuff :wink: on ebay (or maybe elsewhere), and it strikes me that selling books might be a good way to start. Does anyone have any thoughts on pricing for The Hosta Handbook?
viktoria

Post by viktoria »

It was brought to my attention that there was a Handbook offered on eBay at $400.00 or thereabouts. Don't recall whether that was the opening bid or if that was what it was bid up to. It is also possible that it did not sell. I did not check it out myself. You can search eBay to find out.

I am NOT suggesting that that is what you should ask or expect to get. Should I decide I no longer need mine, I would be happy to pass it on for what it cost me or less if the condition warrants it.
Many a great tune has been played on an older fiddle.
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

I've seen them on Amazon for between $100- $250 a while back. Obviously they are high in demand....thus the incredible pricing. I'm surprised that no one has raffled one off at the HL auction, but then again...I suppose all us hosta lovers want to keep ours. :lol: You're very fortunate to have the extra one to sell. Sounds like you'll be earning some extra hosta money soon. You can do a search online at one of those comparison sites to get an idea of what the going price is for them now. Good luck!
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

If you don't need the money so much, and just want to declutter, maybe you could auction it off on this site and give some of the money to Chris for the forum? That way maybe some poor person like me could have a chance at getting a copy :???: :lol: :lol:

Ginger
New Topic Post Reply