Pic of the Day--Sea Thunder

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Molly - you could also try Gold Standard - you seem to have a few extras of that one too. :wink:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
MollyD

Post by MollyD »

Errr you mean to pot up? That is an idea given how many I seem to have. Also TWO Royal Standards :lol: :lol: :lol:

MollyD
MollyD's Hosta list
Lat: 42.89N, Lon: 77.28W
poppi

Post by poppi »

Molly, the temperature in the garage varies, depending on where you are. Right next to the door it freezes but closer to the house it's probably in the high 30's. The biggest problem I see with leaving them outdoors is the late freeze. I've had some coming out of dormancy and a late freeze killed them...so turn them on their side and leave them, they'll be fine, but watch out for that late freeze.
MollyD

Post by MollyD »

Poppi,

We have an unheated barn. Do you think that would do? My biggest worry there would be field mice that often winter over in the barn. You try to kill them but there are always some there.
I could make wire cages for the pots though. Trying to anticipate all the potential problems and solve them first!
I think I will give it a try with those plants mentiones.
I've got some questions but I'll post them in a separate thread.

MollyD
MollyD's Hosta list
Lat: 42.89N, Lon: 77.28W
New Topic Post Reply