First Look?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
MollyD

First Look?

Post by MollyD »

Could someone explain what First Look is? I've seen the term mentioned a few times but not in a way I can figure out what it is exactly.

Thanks!
MollyD
MollyD's Hosta list
Lat: 42.89N, Lon: 77.28W
MikeWI

Post by MikeWI »

http://www.hostalibrary.org/firstlook/

I think that should help 'splain.
Mike
Milwaukee
Kent

Post by Kent »

Molly,

First Look is the Region 1 convention for the American Hosta Society. It is usually held in the north east. The main event is a seedling and sport competition where hosta hybridizers bring their newest babies to show to the world. There are 4 major awards given out at the show for best the seedling & sport as evaluated by AHS judges and also by all attendees.
There are usually a few classes held during the event and also open gardens on the Sunday after the competition.
This year we will be visiting Kathie's garden (katails) and also the nursery and garden of John O'Brian. both are exceptional gardens.
Many vendors also sell plants during the convention and many great plants can be found.

Molly, if you get a chance to go we would love to see you!

Cheers,
Kent
MollyD

Post by MollyD »

Thanks Kent! I was looking at the link Mike provided but still wasn't sure what it was.
I'll keep reading later (we're heading out for a late dinner) and see if it's possible.

Thanks again!
MollyD
MollyD's Hosta list
Lat: 42.89N, Lon: 77.28W
New Topic Post Reply