Any pics of montana 'Kinkaku'?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
HostaDesigner

Any pics of montana 'Kinkaku'?

Post by HostaDesigner »

This used to be my absolute favorite hosta, but I gave it up when it became infected with nematodes at my parents years and years ago. Anyone have a pic of one?

Registry - not registered
MyHostas - http://myhostas.be/db/hostas/Kinkaku
Hosta Library - http://www.hostalibrary.org/k/kinkaku.html
Hosta Library refers montana Kinkaku to Kinkaku
barbara

Post by barbara »

You had to do that, huh? :( I remember that pic. and asking you about that hosta, way back then....mine WAS a beauty, I was so proud of it, till 2 yrs. ago :cry: :cry: :cry: It rotted some over the winter, I saved 2 small pieces, which are growing, but its gonna take a good few yrs. before it returns to its former beauty :roll:
If I ever come across a nice sized one in a pot, I would get it, and thankfully now, it won't be as $$$ as it was then, or at least what I dished out for it! Beautiful photo!
Mary Ann

Post by Mary Ann »

Mine is 5 years old but hasn't multiplied. . .too much shade here.
Kinkaku.jpg
My Hosta List

The Best Things in Life Aren't Things
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

I had it - got it from Jack Barta's booth in Dubuque at the MW convention in 2004. It looked good the next year. Last year it made a brief spring appearance - then disappeared. :???: But at least one other hosta near it never appeared so I'm thinking it was a fungus that killed it. I dug in the spot where it should have been later & found no sign it had ever been there...

But it is a beautiful plant. 8-)
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
HostaDesigner

Post by HostaDesigner »

-sniff-

I miss mine. :(
New Topic Post Reply