ROHS (Russ O'Hara Hosta Society) Garden Tour & Plant Auc

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

Hosta12_Ia

Post by Hosta12_Ia »

I am so glad I decided to go. The weather couldn't have been more perfect. Meeting all of the wonderful new people was fun and it's always good to see those I've already met. We missed the 1st garden, which I heard was just as spectacular as the others. The auction was fun and I did pick up a Regalia to replace one I had lost. We hadn't signed up for the meal, but there was enough that we could still join in. A good meal at a good price I might add! All in all it was an excellent day!!
Jo

p.s. They were right...watching the Pella group in action was fun!!
The Garden is a Mirror of the Heart
pepper1
USDA Zone: 5

Post by pepper1 »

We had a great time as well. The gardens were beautiful and the auction was so much fun. Trudy demonstrated her neat trick of positioning herself directly behind Connie D when she was bidding against her. What a mischievious lady!

Renaldo might have been throwing daggers to keep me from bidding for the Austin Dickinson, but he couldn't keep me from being the winning bidder on his Eola Salad Bowl. I was so excited when I saw that on the plant list because we lost it this year. The best part was knowing it was his donation.

Not only were these guys a lot of fun in the auction, but Marlys, Reldon, Connie and Trudy all donated some wonderful plants too. It wouldn't be nearly as great an auction without them.

I so enjoyed meeting Sue, Jo and Judi. It's always great to put faces with names. Also, a couple longtime Hallson board lurkers came up to say hi and identify themselves. They are also a lot of fun and very knowledgable. I hope sometime they'll stop lurking and join in on the board fun!

I wish we could participate in the Hallson's get-together later this summer, and wish for an equally fun time for everyone who does get to go to that. Renaldo's car is in Hosta Tour gear now so he'll probably be ready to go!

Can't wait for next year!
Kathy
baja220
USDA Zone: 6

Post by baja220 »

Sounds like yal had fun day!!! Who won Marlys Regalia?? I almost sent Reldon a PM to have him bid on it for me!! :lol:
JoshS
USDA Zone: 4

Post by JoshS »

Sounds like a great time!
Hosta12_Ia

Post by Hosta12_Ia »

I got one of the two Regalias, but not sure if it was Marlys'.
Jo
The Garden is a Mirror of the Heart
Marlys
USDA Zone: 5B

'Regalia'

Post by Marlys »

Debbie,

A grouchy old lady won my Regalia. I congratulated her & said I hoped she'd enjoy the plant. I'm not exactly sure what her reply was but it wasn't too friendly. I believe she intended to tear it apart & sell the eyes as singles. I surely wish you would have gotten it instead. We all have our own agendas when it comes to hostas. Mine is to enjoy the plants in my garden and to share with other plant lovers and to help others learn about plants and gardens and to have fun and make friends and keep good friends.

If you would be interested in a couple eyes of Regalia and would like to make a contribution to the ROHS or my local garden club in exchange let me know and we'll see what we can work out some time in the future. Our weather is just really hot & dry right now & I won't be digging or moving any plants for qutie a while. Maybe next spring would work best!

Thanx,

MM

Hosta Registry - http://www.hostaregistrar.org/detail.ph ... ty=Regalia
MyHostas Database - http://www.myhostas.be/db/hostas/Regalia
Hosta Library - http://www.hostalibrary.org/r/regalia.html
may_9_06_morning_after_rain_186 (1).jpg
may_9_06_morning_after_rain_186 (1).jpg (36.69 KiB) Viewed 1897 times
baja220
USDA Zone: 6

Post by baja220 »

Oh no Marlys!!!! Why would a grouchy old lady be there anyway??? You can't be grouchy around such beautiful plants. Let's hope she puts it in the ground intact and enjoys her beautiful new plant. I guess I should've sent the PM!!!! But I didn't want to bother anyone with shipping it.

I'd be honored to get a couple eyes of your Regalia for a donation. Wish I could send you some of our rain. It just won't stop raining here. So anytime you can dig again will be fine with me. I'll send you a PM later. I'm so sleepy now, I can hardly keep my eyes open.

Beautiful pic BTW.
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Re: ROHS (Russ O'Hara Hosta Society) Garden Tour & Plant Auc

Post by ViolaAnn »

Gorgeous ruffles!
Ann
Pictures of Ann's Hostas:
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
New Topic Post Reply