Yellow Francis William?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Rocco

Yellow Francis William?

Post by Rocco »

I stopped at a nursery on Saturday, two plants in a group of ten Frances William Hosta had mostly solid yellow leaves.I would say the ratio was 40% FW leaves 60% solid yellow leaves.The leaf shape & size looked the same,and I did a vein count, and they matched.I did not have my camera with me and I did not buy the plant,however, I would like to know if there is a yellow version of Frances William?
Thank you Rocco.
"No occupation is so delightful to me as the culture of the earth,and no culture comparable as that of the garden" (Thomas Jefferson) 1811
ademink

Post by ademink »

I think Golden Sunburst is.
Help! I'm being held hostage!

My Hosta List
Richiegirl

Post by Richiegirl »

I've had that mutation a few times, and there is at least one registered. It's not worth much because the yellow tends to sunburn, like the edges of FW. I have a plant like the one you describe growing in pretty dense shade right now, so it's not getting brown, but most of my hostas grow in areas where they get some sun. FW just has that annoying habit. Does anyone know why it does that?

Richelle
New Topic Post Reply