Secret Trade has arrived!!! Thank you!!

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

dmi188

Post by dmi188 »

Wild Dog wrote:
Ditto what Andrea said! I was curious too.
That is why I went with custom. And, I know Andrea wasn't asking me what I thought of my gift. If someone must know I'm tickled to death but with my point of view it could not be otherwise.
I need to adopt your point of view right now...find I am too critical/unhappy with things/people around me. Thanks for the reminder.

What do you know about Crested Surf? I'm interested! Love this plant! Sorry it had a bit of hail damage!
Wild Dog

Post by Wild Dog »

Mildred brought 3 leaves, one of which was H.'Crested Surf'. One was small the second was about twice or more larger and the third was twice or more larger again. She explained that each was a slightly different breeding path but gave the same coloration and leaf habit but quite different size.

I don't know if it is one of her plants but she used those 3 leafs to show what can happen.

Denise, read Victor Frankel.
Conflict is as addictive as
Cocaine, Alcohol, Cigarettes
I’m sorry to report
That cooperation is not
VThosta/daylilylover

Post by VThosta/daylilylover »

The existentialist Viktor Frankl as in Man's Search For Meaning?
Wild Dog

Post by Wild Dog »

The existentialist Viktor Frankl as in Man's Search For Meaning?
Do not give away how you feel or allow others to control how you feel or give others the power. I am almost always in a good humor. Don't bring proof of one time that I wasn't, nothing is 100%.

I even question that we do others a favor giving that type of power, we all know what power does to people.
Conflict is as addictive as
Cocaine, Alcohol, Cigarettes
I’m sorry to report
That cooperation is not
Nathalie23

Post by Nathalie23 »

I received my trade!!!!!!!! Houppi!!! (I guest it's yippee in french :lol: )

LisaO sent me a big box full of things!!! She is so generous! Thanks a lot!!!

Her choice of hostas is very great. September Sun was on my secret wish list :roll: ! I love his color! I love also the yellow ones: Chinese Sunrise and Birchwood Parky's Gold. Haspen Blue is beautiful. In fact, all the hostas have huge roots!!!! :o Plus, I got an unknown hosta who look like Cracker Crumbs but I have to go in the garden to check and it's raining here so... I love tiny one!!!

Thanks also for the pulmonaria, I have almost 6 varieties of them because I love this perennial!!! Thanks again for the daylily!

All the plants are soaking right now and will be plant tomorrow.

Thanks also for the papaya exfoliant, it smell so good! Thanks for the juice, the candy!

I am so thrill about my gift LisaO. Thanks again!

PS: It's a real pleasure to organize this thread and it's not a very hard work! :D
Nathalie

I usually speak french so sorry for my mistakes in english
Nathalie23 Hosta List
ademink

Post by ademink »

Yaaaay! I'm so glad you loved your plants after your great work that we ALL benefitted from! Thanks again!
Help! I'm being held hostage!

My Hosta List
scootersbear

Post by scootersbear »

Do not give away how you feel or allow others to control how you feel or give others the power. I am almost always in a good humor. Don't bring proof of one time that I wasn't, nothing is 100%.

I even question that we do others a favor giving that type of power, we all know what power does to people
that's going on my desk at work
allhuskrred

Post by allhuskrred »

My secret trade was sitting at my door today and I was so excited that they were all okay (considering one of the boxes was beat up, I was wondering how many ways they could squash a box) :eek: :evil: :eek: :lol:

Anyway, Jean aka fenceberry sent me two wonderful boxes of hosta, All new to me, They are:

Lakeside Sparkling Plenty -very tall, nice looking
Kiwi Treasure Trove- another looker and I like Kiwi's and Lakeside's

And then she also sent me:

Candle Glow - I love the streaked ones :D :D

And like Jean said' "You can't be a HUSKER unless you have:

Aksarben - Good point and also pretty funny :lol: :D

and then to top it off ,She gave something I really needed badly!!! A touch of Magic for my garden which I thought was really cute:

Midwest Magic
Prairie Magic
and Erie Magic

Jean , I promise to give them all great homes, I'M GLAD you were my secret trader , THANK YOU , ALLEN,

P.s. Natalie, A 'BIG' Thanks to you for organizing the trade.
fenceberry

Post by fenceberry »

I'm glad they arrived safely, I should have just driven them down to you! :lol:
It was fun picking them out and I hope they grow well for you.
Jean

Thanks again, Nathalie!
grdnnkd

Post by grdnnkd »

I received my Secret Trade on Friday from John! We had just gotten back from out trip to the Minnesota Zoo in with the kids and it was between the doors. I was a great surprise at midnight.

He sent healthy divisions of four Hostas from my wish list!!
Fragrant Boquet
Red Neck Heaven
Cinnamon Sticks
Lakeside Lollipop

They have all settled in th their new homes.

Thanks John for the great plants and to Nathalie for organizing.
grdnnkd's Hosta List
Latitude: 46° 78' N; Longitude: -92° 12' W
adlesma

Post by adlesma »

Sorry, off-topic on the main topic of this thread, but just had to post one of my very favorite quotes by Viktor Frankl: "Everything can be taken from a man but...the last of the human freedoms - to choose one's attitude in any given set of circumstances, to choose one's own way." -Viktor Frankl
It's helped me through some hard times.
LisaO

Post by LisaO »

((((THANKS Pieter)))) I received my great trade in the mail today.

Pieter sent me: Revolution, Bright Lights, Dream Weaver and Feather Boa. Thanks for the great additions to my addiction :)

Thanks again to Nathalie to organizing this trade.
"Busy Mom" from son up to son down :)
Lisa

Lisa's Hosta List
Pieter

Post by Pieter »

Lisa, you're so welcome, may they blossom and bloom in your garden over the years to come. Enjoy them.

Et merci encore Nathalie, for coordinating this Secret Trade. Can't wait for mine to arrive!
Pieter

"Never trust anyone who doesn't have dog hair on their clothes."

Pieter's Hosta List
Wanda
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Wanda »

I AM ABSOLUTELY THRILLED! Our dear Dee turned a mighty horrible day with my MIL into a wonderful day with her generosity! She had Hallsons send me a brimming box of hosta beauties - and they are absolutely gorgeous!

Emerald Ruff Cut: YIPPEE! I have lusted for this one since I first laid eyes on it! It is really something special and it will be planted right next to Atom Smasher.

Jewel of the Nile: Another stunner, and one I have wanted for quite some time. And this is a real big one -20” tall without even counting the roots!

Fire Island: What a little charmer! I really need more small yellow ones and this one is really nice! I can hardly wait to see it in the spring, when it looks like it has halogen lights inside.

Touch of Class: Gorgeous...I can’t figure out why I didn’t already have this one! Have a definite preference for the 3-color ones.

Lederhosen: Just love the thick, shiny leaves on this one...a different green, and fragrant, too!

Thank you so VERY MUCH, Dee! The hosta are perfect and the timing of arrival even better...you sure improved what started as a thoroughly miserable day! And thank you, Chris & Brian for sending such wonderful plants, as always! And many thanks also to our Nathalie for arranging this trade for us all!

wanda
hostaanita
USDA Zone: 6

Post by hostaanita »

Yippee my hosta arrived!! :D :D
Thank you so much Dorothy ( Digs57)
They arrived in great shape ! Good packing job) I was alittle concerned when I saw the skewers!! :lol: :lol: But they kept everything together and they were perfect!
Dorthy sent me
Fairmaiden ( happy to get this I lost mine in my move!!)
Lakeside Sparkle Plenty I have just the spot for it
Lakeside Little Gem ( reeeeeally love this one)
Radiant Edger ) and this one :lol: :lol:
Ventricosa Aurea Marginata...don't have this one and it is lovely
Grand Tiara . A beauty

Thanks again and thank you Nathalie for arranging it!!
    Making our world beautiful , one backyard at a time.
    SUEDIA

Post by SUEDIA »

I got my box :D Just came upstairs from having a tea break in the break work at work and found the box on my chair. Lea/Twoblackdogs did a fantastic job. I love them all. She did her homework. Such different variaties then I already have. Will really go well to add more color to my new bed.
    I got:
    Stingray & Roxsanne, a little deer nipped but I understand we have allot of deer also. I will just have to check them out on the hosta library and when the leaves come back I will be surprised all over again.
    Fair Maiden I have been wanting, just the spot to plant it with the other small ones.
    Blueberry Tart looks like a really neat blue one
    Spinach Souffle love the color on this also
    What a great job you did Lea!!! They are in water on my desk at work. Hope to plant them tonight if the heat and rain let up for a little bit. They came thru very well, not squished to much, rememeber they are hostas and they are sturdy. Now I hope I didn't squish my box I sent out two much. I have been wondering about it.
    Thanks again to Nathalie for doing all the work on this.
    Lea I will send you a pm tonight from home, as I better get back to work.
    Sue
    Pieter

Post by Pieter »

I'm @ work right now, but DW just called to say there was a package marked 'LIVE PLANTS', should she open it....DUH!?!

It sounds as if the motherlode has been been struck! Good heavens, cannot remember them all off hand, but a couple of names stand out: Tattoo, Ice Age Trail and 6 or 7 more!!!

Barbara, wherever you are, you're my Hosta heroine and cherished enabler of my Hosta addiction! Bless you and above all, THANK YOU!
    Pieter

"Never trust anyone who doesn't have dog hair on their clothes."

Pieter's Hosta List
    Margery

Post by Margery »

Wow! That's all I can say, Mr Heinz77, you did great! In My box were huge divisions of Bobby Sue and Alligatoe Shoes.
    I mentioned that I loved the minis on my wish list and he sent 3 minis!!!! Gracillima, Thumbellina and Paradise Sunset.
    These are all new for me, I'm so happy with what you sent Jim. Thanks do much! They are soaking now and will be planted this evening.
    twoblackdogs

Post by twoblackdogs »

Sue - I am so glad you like the plants! Your list is as big or bigger than mine, so was fun to pick ones that you didn't have since that allowed me to get some new ones too! :D I'm glad they made it ok since it's just been too hot here!

Lela
    barbara

Post by barbara »

Pieter, good advice to your DW! :lol: Though I'm pretty sure they would have lived a few more hrs. (I hope! :-? ) I had my doubts they would arrive within the 2 day guarantee, but they sure did...cool! :D Hope you like what I sent you when you see them...please read the note included, titled "my apologies" :wink: Enjoy! :beer: & you're welcome :)
    New Topic Post Reply