Quiet Waters

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Sorry.... Roger Waters would fit better....
:lol: Name or no name ... I WOULD LOVE TO HAVE IT IN MY GARDEN :D
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
hagranger

Post by hagranger »

It's definitely one that needs to be in everybody's garden and I sure hope Lynn has me on the list!
I do like the idea of a 'Lynndragon' ... sort of playing off the Pendragon idea.
But then again ... dragon's are special!
Helen
A day without laughter AND gardening is a day wasted ... oh ... and be kind to your children ... they will choose your nursing home!
ladyblue
USDA Zone: 5B

Post by ladyblue »

Lynn,
This one is very different and special! Congratulations to you!! I love it!!:D
Bonnie
toymr2mk2

Post by toymr2mk2 »

Lynn,
That's a beautiful name for a beautiful plant. It is one of the most if not the most distinct hosta I have ever seen. Really does grab your attention! I definately will be standing in line if it is ever introduced. Congrats!
Art
yardmom

Post by yardmom »

Can you post a picture of the whole plant? I would love to see it! Has it settled into a pattern yet?
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Hi Yardmom,

I think the second picture is the whole plant. The pattern (so far) looks fairly stable :)
Lessadragon
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by Lessadragon »

Hi all,

WOW... nice comments. I'm glad you all like my little plant so much. :D Let me see if I can answer some of your questions.

Chris is correct Yardmom. The second pic is of the whole plant. Although it has been slow to make divisions, the single eye keeps getting bigger every year. The first winter of this plant's life, there was a problem with the whole batch of seedlings that this one came from...all lovely streaked babies...They inadvertently got waterlogged and froze that way and this was the only seedling that made it through. Needless to say, I was thrilled because it was my favourite of all of them. So, even though it is slow, I know that it is tough.

This is a seedling from a streaked pod out of Aurora Borealis. Because it has good fertility in it's background, I am hoping that it will continue in this generation. (I am aware that that is not always the case though) Whatever the case, I am sure that I will enjoy playing with this hosta until and even after I introduce it to the world. This little gem is certainly worth sharing!

Thank you everyone for your support and patience in waiting with me. One thing is for sure... you will all know what happens with this one before anyone else. :D

Lynn
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

:) be sure and protect this baby for the winter, we all want a piece. :D How many winters has it seen so far? Which photo is more true to color? My guess would be the first one, the second looks a bit blue all over. :)
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
Lessadragon

Post by Lessadragon »

Spider, this is the 4th winter. And you are right. The plant is green and white. There is no blue at all. I think this might be a tet as well as the leaves are so thick, like leather. The pics don't show this plant off well at all. It is so much prettier in person. If I were any kind of photographer, I would be able to show you, but c'est la vie. :roll: :lol:

Lynn
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

I'm excited. :)
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Lynn, if the plant is nicer in person than in your pic, I don't think my heart could stand it. :lol:
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
DryGulch

Post by DryGulch »

Yeah, I think Quiet Waters is too quiet also...maybe:

White Water Rafting or Wild River
sugar

Post by sugar »

Lessadragon wrote:Spider, this is the 4th winter. And you are right. The plant is green and white. There is no blue at all. I think this might be a tet as well as the leaves are so thick, like leather. The pics don't show this plant off well at all. It is so much prettier in person. If I were any kind of photographer, I would be able to show you, but c'est la vie. :roll: :lol:

Lynn
Send it over to my place, I will make a special effort to give you a Picture that says more than 1000 words :bd:

sugar
Lessadragon

Post by Lessadragon »

There is no doubt in my mind that you could make this hosta explode onto the screen. Your skills in the photography department are most wonderful!!! However, I think it would be easier for you to come to the hosta instead. We do have room for you here if you decide to come for a visit. :D Thanks for the offer though. :lol:

Lynn
hummingbird
USDA Zone: 9b

Post by hummingbird »

Absolutely breathtaking Lynn, I'm in awe. First time I'm back here at the forum since spring and I see this WOW! Thanks for the highlight to my day. :o 8-)
"Friends are as elusive as rainbows"
lovem

Post by lovem »

Hi Lynn
i must be the last one on the forum to read this post! that is a spectacular plant. it would be great if it can be cloned. good luck Bryan
FreakyCola
USDA Zone: 5

Post by FreakyCola »

Hi Lynne, I just want to add how gorgeous I think that hosta is! It is sooooooo pretty! Be sure and add my name to your list and of course, if you need a test garden in Indiana my yard is your yard! :D :D :D
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Re: Quiet Waters

Post by thy »

Hej Lynn

Can we have an up date :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
ms kitty
USDA Zone: 4

Post by ms kitty »

That is one awesome Hosta. Love it. I'd buy it in a heartbeat.But I don't collect Hostas. LOL. Ms Kitty
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by ViolaAnn »

Awe Gee! When I got the message that there was a new message here, I thought maybe Lynn had posted an update. I'd also really like to know how it is doing.

Ann

PS to Lynn - all the hostas I got from you a couple of years ago are doing well.
Ann
Pictures of Ann's Hostas:
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
New Topic Post Reply