Quiet Waters

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Re: Quiet Waters

Post by Chris_W »

The name is growing on me, though. Hopefully they will be available some time this decade ;)
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Lynn please, we need an update :D

When the post came up again I thought it was new about the hosta :(

I do not give a da_ for the name, I do not care for names, I just want to see the hosta :D

Talking about names... My friends reminded me of this the other day:
Some years ago I went with them to a plant marked to help them selling their hostas
An eldery coupple liked a hosta and asked for the name : H.Striptease I told them.
They turned against me and gave me a lesson abut plant names and religion in a very angry way. Buttom line there were no posibillity a plant could have a name like Striptease, and now they did not like the plant at all.
They continued to look at the hostas and somehow my friends :-? vanished...
Next one the looked at for real I told them a lot of good things about - I do like the hosta :D and they asked and asked about the plant and told me they liked the name..... they ended up bying h. Sugar Daddy :blush: :lol:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Post by redcrx »

Hi Lynn, I just got my Hosta Journal in and on the notation with that beatiful picture it mentions "a seedling of 'Aurora Borealis'". Do you know what the pollen parent was?
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
Lessadragon
USDA Zone: 5b

Post by Lessadragon »

Hi Ed. I have no idea who the daddy is. It is truly an OP seedling.
I wish I could get my HJ. :( I've dutifully checked the mail every day since Don Dean emailed me that it was in the issue. So here I sit...waiting patiently. Good thing the snow has melted and the weather has warmed up and I can get out in the gardens...

Lynn
rosemarie

Post by rosemarie »

Let's see, 5 pages of posts so far!!That should give you a clue about how many people want this Hosta.And I am posting three times, so what do ya think? I just can't wait for al l those non-hosta lovers who say "well, they all look alike". :D Or the ones who say "Do you have enough Hostas?" Well, no-o-o I don't as a matter of fact I don't!!! Or " Good Lord how many of those things do you need?" Let's see, how many are in the Hosta Library? My Darlin'man had alot of buddies that never got tired of catching fish and they all looked alike to me!!!( the fish,not the fishermen). :lol:
Lovin' the great northwest!
gardner1945

Post by gardner1945 »

O.M.G.!!!!! I think you should call it "THE MOST BEAUTIFUL HOSTA IN THE WHOLE WIDE WORLD THAT EVERYONE IS GOING TO WANT AND BE WILLING TO PAY BIG BUCKS FOR" --that about says it all !!
Sharon-zone 5
grdnnkd

Post by grdnnkd »

Glad to see others remember this post. I always check in to see the status. I can't wait.
grdnnkd's Hosta List
Latitude: 46° 78' N; Longitude: -92° 12' W
Schattenfreude
USDA Zone: 5b - 6a

Post by Schattenfreude »

Are there any pics of Quiet Waters from this spring? We'd love to see them!!

Kevin
Bigdaddy1
USDA Zone: 5

Post by Bigdaddy1 »

Yes, I would like to see some current pictures as well. Awesome plant. Yeah Canada! :beer: :lol:
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

I was thinking about your plant, Lynn, while I was out moving hostas around yesterday.
Acutally, I was wondering where would be the best spot to put one if I ever get my hands on one!
:lol:

Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
GrannyNanny

Post by GrannyNanny »

I echo everyone else -- it is truly a unique plant that easily passes the ten- foot test -- nay, even the twenty-foot test. To misquote the Bard:" A variegated hosta by any other name would look as smashing." It's gorgeous. Phyllis
John Polka
USDA Zone: 6

Post by John Polka »

What about "Ten outta five stars" lol.... Its unlike anything I've seen... I keep a small collection because so many hostas are similar at a glance. But I would definitely buy this one! Something to be proud of =)
John
morgansrgr8
USDA Zone: 5

Post by morgansrgr8 »

I second that John. It definitely wouldnt be confused with any other hosta. Not now anyway. Used to be that way with Striptease now there are a few more out there that look similar.
Linda
I know I am past the point of no return but what a way to go.

My Hosta List
ogrefcf
USDA Zone: 5-6

Post by ogrefcf »

From what I have read, it's having troubles in the TC stage and really slow growing. So don't hold your breath. :( Absolutely stunning Hosta.
Owen
New Topic Post Reply