Pic of the Day--Garden tour 23

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Hank Zumach

Pic of the Day--Garden tour 23

Post by Hank Zumach »

Hi--In the first photo yesterday I showed a 2005 shot of the entrance to the area we now call the Friendship Garden. I won't go into the details of how it came to be except to say that the Friendship Garden has become the heart of our garden. All of the hostas were given to us and were planted in the fall of 2006 with a few in 2007. The first photo shows part of the area in 2006 when I was still in the process of trying to decide where to place the gift plants. The second and third photos are of that general area in July of 2007.
Attachments
6-28-07c 052.jpg
6-28-07c 051.jpg
Friendship Garden 9-15-06c 019.jpg
Hank
Better Gnomes & Gardens
zone 4B-5A
Latitude: 43° 48' 51" N
Izzy

Post by Izzy »

Hank;
I am so happy to hear that you have great friends, and that you designated a garden to them.
Most of my friends have the Hosta's I give them, not much for trading or gifts there! :lol:
It will be nice to see how it looks in 2008!

Izzy
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

I can't wait to see how it looks this year too! I know the story but missed out in the giving part. That is just such a cool idea!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

You did it so nice- the friendship plant to the friedship garden- think you had a lot of hard work with the area
Just the situation was nasty

Will love to see the friendship hostas fill out this year - will be leap year for most of them

Friendship... is you! - sharing your garden and knowledge :D
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

It's beautiful Hank! :cool: Just like the others...echo, echo, echo,...I can't wait to see how it looks this year. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
New Topic Post Reply