Pic of the Day--Garden tour 27

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Hank Zumach

Pic of the Day--Garden tour 27

Post by Hank Zumach »

Hi All--I mentioned a bench in yesterdays POTD. The first photo shows that bench. The next two show the remainder of our woodland path and where it ends by an abandoned fence on the north end of our property.
Attachments
7-1-07c 008.jpg
7-1-07c 006.jpg
7-1-07c 005.jpg
Hank
Better Gnomes & Gardens
zone 4B-5A
Latitude: 43° 48' 51" N
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Hank,
As soon as the snow is gone, I'm going to go out and find some hills to climb, so I'll be in shape to take this tour in person sometime this year.
Thanks for all you do...
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
Hank Zumach

Post by Hank Zumach »

Linda P wrote:Hank,
As soon as the snow is gone,
And just what makes you think the snow is EVER going to be gone? :evil: :cry:
Hank
Better Gnomes & Gardens
zone 4B-5A
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

I hear you about the snow. We were just missed by the last big dump that hit Ohio which was good as we still have a layer on the ground but the forecast is looking great for us now, with temps above freezing for the next 10 days!

I'll be going around our hills to make sure there aren't any hostas exposed by washed out soil. In the meantime I'm really enjoying your pictures Hank. I had no idea of the depth of your gardens, even though I've been following these for years now :D
Hostahaveum

Post by Hostahaveum »

I too would love to sit on that bench! Its just beautiful how the hostas flow down the hill. Thank you so much for sharing all the wonderful pictures w/ us Hank. ~ Dot
Hostahaveum
Hank Zumach

Post by Hank Zumach »

Chris--We had snow cover arrive early this season and, particularly when compared to the last 6-8 winters, it seems like it has been colder than normal too. We still have maybe 6 inches of snow on top of several inches of ice that formed during a freezing rain episode back in December. We do have a week of above freezing temps in the forecast.

I'm glad you're enjoying the photos. The garden tour thing will be over in a few days. I'm not sure if I'm going to keep the whole POTD thing going. As has happened a couple of times in the past, I'm feeling a bit burned out.
Hank
Better Gnomes & Gardens
zone 4B-5A
Patrushka
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by Patrushka »

Lush and lovely! :cool: Thanks so much for sharing with us. You certainly deserve a break and we have lots of your past posts that we can read over and enjoy again while you recharge your batteries. :D
Pat
My Hosta List

Keep your face always toward the sunshine and the shadows will fall behind you.
~ Walt Whitman
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Hope your snow and ice will melt sooon.

Want you to go out and enjoy your lovely garden as we have been enjoyed by your pics

Thank you so very much

Pia
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Hank, I certainly understand you needing a break. I really appreciate all your postings. Besides, you're going to need time to get out there and putter in those beautiful gardens so you can get good pics this year!!! :lol: :lol:

Maybe you could do POTW for awhile? Pic of the Week....only maybe do a couple at one time? Sorry, I know I am just being selfish, but I really do enjoy them. :D

Whatever you decide will be just fine :D ....as long as you stay in touch, of course... :D :lol:

Thanks again for all your effort, Hank!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
New Topic Post Reply