Surprise visit last night!

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Surprise visit last night!

Post by Chris_W »

It's not too often that I get such a surprise visit, but last night had the pleasure of meeting Bill Meyer and Carol Brashear while traveling back home from the convention. They called to let us know they were stopping when they were about 15 minutes away :wow: Sheesh, at first I was almost as nervous as if the Ag inspectors stopped by :lol:

They are the nicest people and it was such a delight to get to finally meet them! Of course, I didn't think they would find anything here that they didn't already have, especially after stopping at Van Wade's and Walters Gardens beforehand, but they still browsed through all the hostas and even some of the perennials managed to find a few they didn't have yet. And it was a good thing they didn't find any more things, since you should have seen how packed the car was.

Thanks for stopping out to see us Bill and Carol!

Chris
DBoweMD

Post by DBoweMD »

My motel room was next door to Bill and Carol at St Louis, and Bill chatted with my crew of three attendees (me, Brittany and Joan) and Chris and Cynthia Wilhoite (Soules Gardens) while I finished packing the van to come home.

Bill inspected my van to be sure we had met our quota of purchases from the vendors, before were were permitted to leave, and we passed easily. I didn't know they were taking the scenic route home!

Hosta people - gotta love 'em!
KatailS

Post by KatailS »

I was chatting with them on the phone (First Look details) last night and they said they were on the way to visit you. It was hard enough to miss convention and all the great times, but to know they were stopping at Hallson's was too much to bear! Phooey!

Seriously, I am glad they got to stop (did Carol give you and Brian a hug from me?). Can't wait to see all the goodies they got!
Cheers~
Kathie
KatailS
kontyx

Post by kontyx »

Agreed, I finally got to meet Bill and Carol at the convention and had a great time talking to them. It was nice to finally put a face to all the people on the other end of the phone or computer screen. I had a blast in St. Louis and am looking forward to Michigan next year.
- Steve Lutes
-----------------
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Understand you perfectly... 15 minutes :eek:

But it would be nice to see more hosta friends :D
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
newtohosta-no more

Post by newtohosta-no more »

That was a lovely surprise ,Chris! Glad the visit went well and you all got to meet. :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Carol W
USDA Zone: 4-5

Post by Carol W »

Chris, I had to laugh
"Sheesh, at first I was almost as nervous as if the Ag inspectors stopped by"
I happy it all turned out a good time!
New Topic Post Reply