Not Not Pic of the Day - adios for now

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

jgh

Not Not Pic of the Day - adios for now

Post by jgh »

As the sun sets gently in the west, our wandering wastrel, our meandering maunderer... heads off to Peru for a month.

A lesson learned. I remember talking with a friend who had a newspaper column in a major paper... and she was complaining about how brutal it was having to produce three columns a week. I remember thinking I could do that and still keep my day job.

I was wrong. This writing stuff is time consuming! I found that the posts took 2-3 hours, including fixing and uploading the photos and doing the research...

So anyway, thanks for all the good feedback. I had a good time producing the series. Perhaps when I return I'll be able to get back to it - maybe as Not Pic of the Week rather than daily... unless DW decides to sue for divorce due to computer abuse abandonment, in which case I might find myself with a lot of spare time.

One last photo... appropriate I think... Remember Me - with some Touch of Class and a little Kiwi Full Monty thrown in!

playinmud

Post by playinmud »

Oh have a wonderful trip!! You will be missed. :o I hope you'll tell us all about your trip when you get back. :D

And I've truly enjoyed your NPOTD's, they've been a breath of fresh air during my dull, dull work days. Maybe you'll at least consider "a hosta each month" (AHEM)? :wink:

Peace,
~PIM~

°`°º¤ø,¸¸Kindness is the oil that takes the friction out of life¸¸,ø¤º°`°
eastwood2007

Post by eastwood2007 »

Donna...very cute!

It's been fun jgh! Hoping you have a wonderful trip! Please bring back tales and pics.

Thanks for the entertainment and what a way to sign off!

Cheers!
Charla
Latitude 38.57N; Longitude -94.89W (Elev. 886 ft.)
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Thanks for the entertainment. I'm sure we'll continue to occasionally be regaled with your tales of hostas and travels.

Hopefully the Peru trip will end up in a nice travelogue for us to enjoy!!

Have fun, travel safe, see you back here in a month!!!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Do have a safe and fun trip! A weekly writing woud be great. I have enjoyed your posts so much! You will be missed!
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
thehostagourmet

Snakes

Post by thehostagourmet »

Jim, thanks for a month or so of fun, laughs, and information. Stay away from the snakes!
George
Ginger
USDA Zone: Zone 7

Post by Ginger »

Thanks for giving up so much of your time for us Jim :D
I enjoyed reading the NPOTD!....

If you can, send us some pics while you are in Peru!
Have a wonderful time.

Ginger
loisf

Post by loisf »

Jim, have a wonderful trip to Peru. We will miss your NPOTD posts and the knowledge you share so generously with us. Travel safe, and experience all you can. We'll be anxiously awaiting your return to the forum. Lois
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

Thanks for a great run Jim, and have a great trip. I'm envious of your ability to travel like you do.

Maybe when you get back you can do a story of the week or even story of the month? ;)

Safe travels :D

Chris
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

I will miss something..do not know exactly what... just something :wink:
Not even finished my philosophic refections yet..and you are leaving :o

Enjoy Peru- take care in Lima.. very much care of both of you... enjoy Titicaca an Machu Picchu. and area....and if DD had tro give an advise- go to the coastline and consume lobsters with lobsers.
Rest of her class went to Mac Donald after weeks on chicken, but she found a seafood restaurant and got lobsters, next day followed by some friends and a teacher, last day by most of them,..she still talks a lot about Peru, not only about the lobsters :wink:
Darn that girl have bee apple to eat seafood for 2 addults since she was 8 YO

She bought me a poncho made of lama wool... nothing better to use in a cool evening in the garden with a glass of wine and the light fading away....
Enjoy your trip, both of you :D :D :D
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Libby

Post by Libby »

Safe traveling, Jim - have a wonderful time! Enjoyed every one of your posts, they'll be missed.
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Have a wonderful trip, Jim!! :D I'm so glad that you're able to go to the places you've always wanted to go. :cool:

Thank you for your thoroughly enjoyable musings. I'll miss them, but I still haven't gotten to the last 2 yet so I can prolong the experience for a few more days. :wink:
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
fenceberry

Post by fenceberry »

Have a wonderful trip, Jim. I always enjoy reading anything you write.
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by ViolaAnn »

I also want to thank you for the NPOTDs and wish you a wonderful trip. The NPOTD was delightfully different, but I can certainly understand how much time it took to research them. Would be delighted to have more - weekly if you can do it or monthly if that's more realistic.

Ann
Ann
Pictures of Ann's Hostas:
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
pauhaus

Post by pauhaus »

Thanks for the great reads, Jim. Safe travels. Remember we want pics when you return. :D
Paul
My Hosta List

“With fronds like you, who needs anemones.”
Arlene

Post by Arlene »

Sounds like a wonderful trip, Jim . . . hope it's all you expect and then some! I'll really miss your NPODs, and hope you'll consider doing at least NPOWs when you return. It's been obvious that you put a lot of time in on them and they've been entirely enjoyable and greatly appreciated from this end!

Enjoy!
Carol W
USDA Zone: 4-5

Post by Carol W »

Jim I can tell you I've enjoyed your posting so much. Have a great time!
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

I too, want to say THANK-YOU for all the work and I enjoyed them!!! I am going to go back now and re-read them, too.....You are a very smart man, with a great ability.....I just love your writing......and you! Thanks again, Jim!!

Have a SAFE TRIP!!!!! Have FUN!!!! We will be here when you get back!! :lol: :lol: Hugs!!
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Have a great and safe trip! I've really enjoyed all your posts, learned something every read. I still think you could beat Mark to the press with a volume or two of your own.
Justaysam

Post by Justaysam »

Have a great and safe trip! I've really enjoyed all your posts, learned something every read. I still think you could beat Mark to the press with a volume or two of your own.
New Topic Post Reply