A funky Earth Angel

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
caliloo
USDA Zone: SE PA z6

A funky Earth Angel

Post by caliloo »

Not sure if this one will sport or come true, but since I wanted one anyway... I chose the oddball!

Spring - An experience in immortality.
- Henry D. Thoreau
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

That is definitely different, but I wouldn't put too much hope in it staying that way. The inner leaves are looking more normal and these often stabilize to a normal pattern later. But who knows, maybe you will have an eye come back with a wider than normal margin too. :)

Earth Angel is a very fast grower and turns into a fantastic hosta. This is becoming one of my top favorites :)

This is a shot of my oldest Earth Angel, just 5 years old from a tissue culture plant :wow:
Attachments
earthangel.jpg
caliloo

Post by caliloo »

That is awesome Chris!

Someone on the other forum mentioned that mine doesn't look like Earth Angel - it should be more blue. Thoughts?

Alexa
- Henry D. Thoreau
barbara

Post by barbara »

I don't think it matters, Alexa, that its green right now. Its a young plant, and depending how and where it was grown could be a factor. Plant it, wait and seen next year. Good luck :D
Attachments
EarthAng.jpg
Chris_W
Administrator
USDA Zone: 9

Post by Chris_W »

I also wouldn't worry about the coloring right now. The leaf shape is right, and since the margins are so light colored it looks like it was in a lot of sun. That would have taken the blue bloom off the leaves too.

Next year it will be great :D
caliloo

Post by caliloo »

Thansk Barbara and Chris!

If it wasn't Earth Angel, I would not have been devastated, but probably a little disappointed, and I still would have to go buy another Earth Angel! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Alexa
- Henry D. Thoreau
New Topic Post Reply