Hosta for sun

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
ckp

Hosta for sun

Post by ckp »

Some have asked about hostas for sun,,the one that has beat all others for me after I cut down a Amur maple(roots taking over) Is DARWIN STANDARD. It is beautiful yet and I've only watered once (broken arm) in spite of a very dry August and Sept. I should mention no slug nibbles either. Charlene
Charlene
jgh

Re: Hosta for sun

Post by jgh »

I've just been taking a quick photo inventory, even though most of my plants look poorly to extremely sad. The differences are extraordinary right now, with a few actually still looking pretty OK.

My very best one in high sun... no burn even now... is Hole Mole.
thy
USDA Zone: 7

Post by thy »

Lakeside Cha Cha can take all my Nordic sun and is still beautifull... and all plantagineas too, at this time the blue ones all lack the most of the wax..shade or sun :wink:
Against stupidity the gods themselves struggle in vain.
E-mail for pics hostapics@gmail.com
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

This is the time of year to check out and see what takes the sun. Stained Glass is in full mid-day sun for hours, and has barely a spot on it. Sum of All gets a lot of sun, especially from late summer on, and it's thriving. I should go out today and see what else I can find that is getting a lot of sun. I lost half of the shade tree in my back yard last winter in an ice storm, so there are some out there in full sun alll summer. Cascades held up until we got a dry spell the end of August, and I'm sure if I'd kept it watered a little better it would have gone right on. Royal Standard looks great in 6-7 hours of sun, and Elatior holds up well also.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
New Topic Post Reply