what looks good yet?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
ckp

what looks good yet?

Post by ckp »

Here in Appleton WI (zone 4) my H. Junes and H.Devon Greens and Love Pat look like it's still June. Dark Star, Queen Josephine , Joseph and Emerald tiara are all still quite good. I have several Pearl Lakes and the ones in shade are good yet too, the others are starting to fade.

Sure wish everything could preform like these. Charlene
Charlene
loisf

Re: what looks good yet?

Post by loisf »

Here in Minneapolis, June, June Fever, Halcyon, Yellow River and Beckoning still look really good. Oh, and Blue Mouse Ears too. Tonight will be our first freeze, so I expect they will all be going down soon.
nanny_56
USDA Zone: 5b
Location: Putnam County, Indiana Lat. 39* 45' 54.2892" Long. -86* 41' 55.9284''

Post by nanny_56 »

Well it is November 1 and June #2 still looks good! Key Lime Pie & Deja Blu looked good until this past week but after 3 night/mornings with windchills in the 20's they are now fading fast.

June
Attachments
DSCF1199 (Small).jpg
Claudia
"When one tugs at a single thing in nature, he finds it attached to the rest" - John Muir
Carol W
USDA Zone: 4-5

Post by Carol W »

As I went out to feed our 2 rabbits this afternoon I checked the gardens to see what if any was still looking good. June, Remember Me and Ice Age Trail were the only ones. Didn't expect any since last weekend we had snow, rain and freezing temps plus stong blowing cold winds. None of these are in a protected area all out in the open.
Carol
New Topic Post Reply