*Completed all trades received!!* Spring Hosta Trade 2009

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Re: *Closed Names Sent out* Hallson's Spring Hosta Trade 2009

Post by Spider »

Few! I made it without signing up!!! :lol: I can't wait to see who got who and what.
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Well . . . LucyGoose and Spider have more self-control that I do! :lol:

I got a PM with my traders name, I checked his/her posts and lists, I walked through the garden and selected the ones I'm going to send. Now if the weather holds out I *might* get them in the mail on Monday!!

Let the FUN begin!!!! :D :D :D
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
LucyGoose

Post by LucyGoose »

Yeah Spider!! :beer: There was a day when I could not say no...... :lol: .....and they almost got me, too.... :lol: ...... :wink:

Have fun everyone!! That what the trades all about....FUN!!!! :beer:
Spider
USDA Zone: 9A

Post by Spider »

Well, having $9 left over from my paycheck and 2 weeks before the next one helps! That and having to squeeze sideways to get to my door. :lol:

But...I'm thinking seriously about 2 more hostas that are "must haves" but it will have to be three because 2 don't cover the lowest amount to order. :(

So don't jump on the "Spider has willpower" bandwagon yet, I just ran out of funds for the month! (the car actually wanted some repairs after 8 years! The nerve of him!) :lol:
Spider's Hosta List There are photos there too :)

"I gotta have more cowbell!" SNL

"If your gecko is broken you have a reptile dysfunction."

"If you don't talk to your cat about catnip...who will?"
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Well Lucy - in case you missed it, I ALMOST had the willpower this time but caved that last nite. And Brian was more than happy to add me to the list. I haven't 'played' for a couple of years. Should be fun. :D
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
morgansrgr8

Post by morgansrgr8 »

I have an order all ready and cant send it in. :( They dont take paypal and thats all I have spare cash in.
But I did get my traders name and have a few hosta that they dont have. I was a little worried about that. And the fun part is it will be a couple of my favorites. I love sharing my favs.
Linda
I know I am past the point of no return but what a way to go.

My Hosta List
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Woooo-Hoooo, mine is GONE!!!!! Dug yesterday, soaked overnight, packed up this morning and off to the post office at noon! I am the world's biggest procrastinator, so getting this done early is a minor miracle for me. :lol:

However, the post office has reduced the size of the triangle boxes and I have used up the supply of old ones, so this shipment required two of the new boxes because one hosta I shipped was very long. I'm sure they aren't comfortable in the smaller boxes, so I hope they make it to "someplace" quickly!! :wink:
JaneG
Seedseller1

Post by Seedseller1 »

Jane--Nice going!

I can be a procrastinator also, and had the same intent as you to get it done early. I was gone for the weekend, 2.6 inches of rain with up to 1.25 inch hail on Sunday night, too wet to dig yesterday, and rain falling this morning. Slight to moderate hail damage but my trader will have to understand. There are a lot of nice looking hostas left out there but maybe not the ones I originally selected to send. I will get them divided as soon as it is fit to be in the beds but probably won't be shipped until the first of next week. Rain predicted for next Sat, Sun, and Mon.
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

I got my trade in the mail yesterday afternoon :D I had some dug and ready, so watch for that mailman!!!!!!!!
Seedseller1

Post by Seedseller1 »

My trade is sent and heading north(east) :D
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Mine went out today, heading either west, north, south or east.... :lol: :lol: :lol:
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
hostasandpapillons

Post by hostasandpapillons »

Mine went out yesterday, to be delivered TOMORROW :beer: :beer:
Can't tell you where it's headed though - just watch for the UPS guy :lol: :lol: :lol:
John

Post by John »

Mine went out today, and they are headed NORTH~
Marlys
USDA Zone: 5B

Post by Marlys »

I can hardly stand not being in on the spring trades.
Now I'm sorry I didn't sign-up. :???:

I dug my plants to fulfill my pledge to the AHS January On-Line Auction supporting the 'The Hosta Journal' finally last Friday. I think I wold have done the Hallson Trade if it wasn't for having the AHS thing to fulfill first. It took me all morning to dig & seperate and clean and package then go to town to ship the plants. :idea: Every year I swear I am not going to donate to AHS on-line auction and have to fret all spring and then give up beautiful garden days to dig and divide and clean and package and mail out the packages. Dr. Don Dean always seems to twist my arm and or entice me to doante somehow. I loose sleep trying to figure out what I have in my garden good enough that other hosta collectors / hybridizer might enjoy in their gardens / hybridizing programs. I tell you what :idea: my H 'Sally & Bob' just plain gorgeous / perfect this year again. I'm thinking it is every bit as good as (don't tell anyone) the one & only DB. I have several really nicely streaked sdlgs from S&B this spring too. It's a good thing :!:

MM
http://www.marlysgardens.com
morgansrgr8

Post by morgansrgr8 »

I'm having alot of fun just picking out what to send. I am waiting till Monday to send them so they wont sit at the post office over the weekend. So heads up, mine are heading out Monday to --------. You'll just have to wait. hehehehehe
I love secret trades.
Linda
I know I am past the point of no return but what a way to go.

My Hosta List
Margery

Post by Margery »

Mine were mailed this morning and are on their way west. They should be there by the end of the week!
steg

Post by steg »

morgansrgr8 wrote:I'm having alot of fun just picking out what to send. I am waiting till Monday to send them so they wont sit at the post office over the weekend. So heads up, mine are heading out Monday to --------. You'll just have to wait. hehehehehe
I love secret trades.
Ditto.....was really hoping and trying to get it out this morning, but I wasn't going to make it. I'll hold off until Monday too.
To the world you may be one, but to one you may be the world.

My List: viewtopic.php?f=62&t=48366&p=425413#p425413
maidofshade

Post by maidofshade »

OMG!! I think I am the first to get my Package(s). When I got home from work, there were 2 of the coveted triangle boxes on the table waiting for me. I had help from my youngest daughter, who happened to be over to dig hostas btw. Anyway I recieved amazing plants from Jane G. Hats off to you Jane on your choices. She sent me 5 beautiful hostas and the roots and plants are so nice it took 2 boxes to ship them in. I am still in shock. Her picks for me were American Dream--gigantic plant, it is propped up in a very large pitcher right now, Hollys Dazzlers a great green with ruffly edges, who wouldn't love that. Emily Dickenson, one I have wanted for a while, Blue Mammoth--sweet :D Warwick Curtsey another that I wanted.
Good thing we have leftovers for supper cause I am going to sit and admire my plants for a while. THANK YOU JANE :D
Cheryl
Pandora
USDA Zone: z5 OH

Post by Pandora »

Look at these packages flying out so fast. My friend would say "Good onya".
I caught a stupid cold and it has slowed me a little, but I sure have enjoyed making a list & checking it twice
to find the best matches.

:evil: I was sure those 2 boxes were for me .... :lol: :lol:
Let's see, I'm north of this one and south of that one ..... hmmm

What a great start.
JaneG

Post by JaneG »

Whew, I'm glad they arrived safely! They were quite snug in those boxes, but I'm sure they will recover nicely under your care!!! Enjoy! :D
JaneG
New Topic Post Reply