First hosta bed almost done

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

New Topic Post Reply
mooie

First hosta bed almost done

Post by mooie »

Howdie...

This is the only area I've been able to plant since moving to the new house. I'm still waiting on the siding to go on to do the perimeter. As you can see in the pics, pink aluminum siding is not quite the thing. :???: The longer I wait, the closer I inch towards the house! :) I have a few more annuals to set in yet for color and the mulch to put down, but if feels good to have some of my plants in the ground. Then I pretend not to see the other 200 or so just sitting in the back yard. :o I could start planting in the back, but I am waiting on another guy to come and limb up the white pines first. Wait, wait, wait!! Hope you like it! It looks nice when driving by! The one nice thing about planting them all unfurled is that I have a better idea of size for placement. Sometime you forget how big some of these can get.

Teresa
Attachments
newbed2.jpg
front bed.jpg
~Imagine~
newtohosta-no more

Re: First hosta bed almost done

Post by newtohosta-no more »

Very nice! You've been working hard! :D
~JOAN~
My Hosta List

Tomorrow is promised to no one, so love and laugh today.
Linda P

Post by Linda P »

Looking good, Teresa. Hope you can get to the rest of the planting soon. We've had rains every couple of days up here in the northern corner of the state, and it's been great for planting and moving hostas. Not so good for planting crops or making hay, but good for the garden.
Linda P
And time remembered is grief forgotten,
And frosts are slain and flowers begotten.....
Algernon Charles Swinburne

Latitude: 41° 51' 12.1572"

My Hosta List
JaneG
USDA Zone: 5

Post by JaneG »

Wow, that looks good! It's like an instant garden when they go from the pots into the ground! :D

I really like the way the tree in front is growing, with lower limbs trimmed up to provide a nice high umbrella over the bed.

Keep us posted on the progress of this bed and on the new one under the white pines!
JaneG
Start slowly . . . then taper off.
jgh

Post by jgh »

nice!
mooie

Post by mooie »

Those trees also work very well for adult beverage holders while working! :beer:

Teresa
~Imagine~
renaldo75

Post by renaldo75 »

Lookin good!!:) Plenty of space in there for some more hostas too.
GO HAWKEYES!!!

Renaldo's Hosta List
Latitude: 40° 59' 17.6676"; Longitude: -94° 44' 28.014"
newB

Post by newB »

Wow! I wish you lived closer, then I could impose upon you to come and help me with my new house/gardens!

Great Job! How do you feel about a visit to Michigan? Its really not that far...... :lol:

I understand about waiting for the siding, it will be next year before we get to ours, we have plumbing, electrical and walls to do before we start the exterior :D So no planting by the house until then...but we have completed the roof and replaced some trusses and the new windows were delivered, just have to put them in.... why did I want to move :hmm:

Oh, yes the yard! Just kidding. It looks wonderful, keep posting pictures as you work!
Who needs shoes when you can have another Hosta???
New Topic Post Reply