Hosta Bulletproof?

Talk about hostas, hostas, and more hostas! Companion plant topics should be posted in the Shade Garden forum.

Moderators: ViolaAnn, redcrx, Chris_W

jgh

Re: Hosta Bulletproof?

Post by jgh »

awww... an old thread is like an old friend... thanks for bringing back this oldie-goodie!
ViolaAnn
USDA Zone: 5a

Post by ViolaAnn »

There's been so much discussion about 'Bulletproof' on this thread and there is no "daily" thread for it. Therefore, I decided to post the updated 2012 picture here rather than start a "daily" for 'Bulletproof.

This has done well for me, showing growth. (And I have more in my 'touch of Class').
'Bulletproof', June 13, 2012
'Bulletproof', June 13, 2012
Ann
Pictures of Ann's Hostas:
http://violaann.smugmug.com/Garden/Host ... 361_qL3gHS (SmugMug gallery now updated for 2016)
plantbug

Post by plantbug »

I got this from Green Hill in 2011.
H. Bulletproof
H. Bulletproof
redcrx
USDA Zone: 7

Post by redcrx »

A slight change of direction. I got this Touch of Class from Chris in 2008. Each year as it gets bigger the "yellow" center gets thinner. I didn't pay any attention to it until I was in another garden and saw a very large plant with a very thin yellow center and I asked the owner what it was. He said Touch of Class. I could see the similarity to mine. Has any noticed Touch of Class doing this as it matures?
Attachments
Touch of Class - April 29, 2012
Touch of Class - April 29, 2012
same Touch of Class - June 2, 2012
same Touch of Class - June 2, 2012
Ed McHugh, Sicklerville NJ
ImageMockingbird feeding juvenile yellow raisons - never leave home without them.
New Topic Post Reply